Crystal World African Violet
  • There is something interesting about the way the light reflects off of the flowers
  • I don't know how Crystal World managed to create that look, but I think it is very unique
  • I like the fact that it is a short, round, chunky pot

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a piece that reminds me of the African violet plants that I used to own many years ago. It is fun to own flowered plants, as long as they are easy to care for. Fortunately, this figurine does not require any maintenance, except an occasional polishing. I am glad to see that Crystal World has created a variety of flower figurines. Pansies, irises, daffodils, sunflowers, and hydrangeas are just some of the flowers that they have created crystallized versions of. They are all so beautiful that I am tempted to buy almost all of them!

This little African violet figurine is one of Crystal World’s most affordable flower figurines. It may even be their least expensive one. I don’t know for sure, because I haven’t checked all of the prices. But

it is $45, which is a good price if you compare it to the prices of the other figurines. Some of them are in the $60 and $70 price range, because they are about an inch taller than the African violet. A few of the pieces are even in the $100 and $200 price range. So the violet figurine is a good deal, when you take all of that into consideration.

The African violet figurine is a little more than an inch tall, and it consists of five purple African violet flowers in a colorless crystal flower pot. There is something interesting about the way the light reflects off of the flowers. If you look down the center of the flowers, then you will notice that the light hits the petals in a ...

• way that makes the center of the petals look blue. The rims of the petals still look purple. I don’t know how Crystal World managed to create that look, but I think it is very unique. My only complaint is that we really don’t get individual petals in this piece. Each flower is showcased with a simple scallop design to indicate where the petals are. We also have four green crystal leaves, one inside each corner of the flower pot.

The other unique feature of this piece is the shape of the flower pot. I like the fact that it is a short, round, chunky pot. That is a different shape from what we normally see in the Crystal World flower figurines. The pots in some of the other figurines are taller, more

slender, and they narrow a bit as they approach the bottom of the pot. I think that is because some of those flowers are taller, like the daffodils and the irises. But the African violet is a shorter plant, so apparently Crystal World decided to pair it up with a short and stubby pot. I think this chunky little pot is adorable, and it really helps to make the entire piece stand out.

So if you love African violets, or if you just love flowers in general and the color purple in particular, then this is the crystal piece for you. I think it has enough color to make it pop, especially considering that we are treated to that unique lighting effect on the purplish blue flowers. Overall, I think this is a sweet little piece.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391550331/k2311a0118/1.18.11