Crystal World Pansies
  • I bought this Crystal World piece several years ago, and I cannot even remember where I bought it
  • So unfortunately, I need to resist the temptation to keep buying more, especially since I have so many other collectibles as well (like glass paperweights and perfume bottles)
  • I think that's what sets them apart from other flowers
  • Another interesting feature of this piece is that the second pansy, which is the center one, is raised just a little bit
  • I can't remember what I paid, but I know it was not $75

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I bought this Crystal World piece several years ago, and I cannot even remember where I bought it. It may have been at a store in Cape May, NJ. The past few years I have kept my crystal purchases to a mininum, because I am running out of room to display them. It is so easy to become addicted to these beautiful, sparkling figurines. Before I know it, I have dozens of them! So unfortunately, I need to resist the temptation to keep buying more, especially since I have so many other collectibles as well (like glass paperweights and perfume bottles).

I really like how Crystal World uses color in their crystal creations. This little pansy figurine is packed with a rainbow of colors. It consists of three two-toned pansies that

are planted in an elongated, clear crystal flower pot or box. The first pansy is pink and pale yellow, the second one consists of two purple shades, and the last pansy is in two shades of blue. In front of the pansy are four green leaves in small and large sizes. The leaves are heart-shaped, so that adds some romance to the piece. So there is plenty of eye-popping color here to gaze at. Many of the colors are pastel, which makes this an ideal gift for a flower-loving woman whose birthday is in the spring or summer. I personally love pansies, because they look like they have a face. I think that’s what sets them apart from other flowers.

Another interesting feature of this piece is that the ...

• second pansy, which is the center one, is raised just a little bit. That gives the piece more dimension and almost makes the three flowers look like a bouquet. I am going to display this figurine next to all of my Swarovski crystal flower pieces. That way, all of the flowers will be bunched together. I don’t know why I haven’t displayed them that way up until now. It will be easy to do that, since the pansy figurine is only about an inch and a half long and an inch high. It doesn’t take up much room, and that is something that I like about Crystal World and Swarovski flower figurines in general. I guess the companies understand and appreciate the fact that collectors want to group the flower
        pieces together, so they create these exquisite pieces on a small scale.

Wow, this piece is now $75 on the Crystal World website, under the Crystal Garden collection. I do NOT remember paying that much for this when I bought it five or six years ago. According to the website, this is a popular piece. It is still going strong after all these years, so maybe that is why the price has gone up that much. I can’t remember what I paid, but I know it was not $75. Still, I think this would make a lovely Valentine’s Day gift for a special lady, especially with those romantic heart-shaped leaves in the piece. I will only give it a rating of 9, though, because I think it is a little too expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391540331/k2311a0118/1.18.11