Crystal World Butterflies in Bloom
  • I believe this butterfly figurine is one of the pieces that I bought there many years ago
  • It's interesting, because even though they are sitting on the same branch, it is a long branch that runs in a zigzag fashion
  • I like the fact that the piece is not overflowing with color
  • I think it is a very sweet, feminine piece that would make the perfect gift for a woman who loves butterflies or nature in general

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I remember buying quite a few of my Crystal World figurines in Cape May, NJ, because there are two or three gift shops in that little town that carry (or at least used to carry) Crystal World products. I believe this butterfly figurine is one of the pieces that I bought there many years ago. I am curious to find out which shops in my area carry Crystal World, since the shops that used to carry them have closed down. Not that I really need any more crystal figurines at this point. I barely have any more room to display them. But I would still be interested to know.

This butterfly figurine is slightly larger than my other Crystal World pieces. It’s about two inches high and about an inch

and two-thirds wide. We see two butterflies here (a light pink one and a light blue one) that are resting on a branch that is made of frosted clear crystal. It’s interesting, because even though they are sitting on the same branch, it is a long branch that runs in a zigzag fashion. On the lower portion of the branch, in the center, we see a lovely little yellow flower with a spot of orange in the middle and a green leaf on either side of the flower.

This figurine has a breezy, delicate look about it. There is a lot of movement in this piece, as the butterflies have their wings spread out as though they are about to take flight. I like the fact that the piece is ...

• not overflowing with color. We just get pretty splashes of color here and there, between the pastel pink butterfly and blue butterfly and the precious little flower and leaves. I also like how Crystal World gave the branch curves and angles, instead of just making it one long continuous branch. That way, I will not get tired of looking at this figurine. I think it’s also interesting that the branch is made of frosted crystal rather than the smooth, clear crystal that this company uses in many of their pieces. The frosted crystal resembles the texture of an actual branch much more than the regular, smooth crystal does.

Obviously this is a piece that really cries out, “Spring!” I think it is a very sweet, feminine piece that would make

the perfect gift for a woman who loves butterflies or nature in general. It is available for purchase on the Crystal World website for $79. That is a little costly, but I think it is because it is one of their larger and more detailed figurines. My only complaint about this piece is that it is very fragile, because it does not rest on a wide base. The branch acts as the base, and it extends out in a tripod fashion. So what we see here are three branch “legs” that serve as the base of the figurine. My point is that you need to be very careful with this piece when you put it down. You need to make sure that all three legs are resting on a flat surface.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391530331/k2311a0118/1.18.11