Crystal World Daffodils
  • Now I am trying to practice some self-control and avoid buying as many, since it gets costly after a while and I find myself searching for space in my home to display them
  • This daffodil figurine is the perfect springtime piece, but I don't consider these figurines seasonal
  • What I like about this piece is the fact that the daffodils are two different shades of yellow
  • It makes the figurine more dimensional, thereby making it more interesting to look at
  • It is a cheerful, uplifting color that I associate with lemons, and I love lemons

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I remember buying a few Crystal World flower figurines within a course of maybe three to six months. That was several years ago. Now I am trying to practice some self-control and avoid buying as many, since it gets costly after a while and I find myself searching for space in my home to display them. I also remember seeing one a few years ago that I did not buy, and now I am a little sorry that I didn’t buy it! But it is still available on the Crystal World website, in case I ever do decide to buy it. This daffodil figurine is the perfect springtime piece, but I don’t consider these figurines seasonal. I display them all year long, because they are beautiful, and they make

me want to smile when I look at them.

This daffodil figurine costs $65 on the Crystal World website. There is another one on the site called “Daffodils in Bloom,” and it looks almost exactly like this one. But “Daffodils in Bloom” costs a lot more money, so please don’t get that one confused with this one. This figurine, which is simply called “Daffodils,” is two and a half inches high, and it features two daffodils with six petals each. One daffodil is tall, and the other is slightly shorter. They sit in a colorless, clear crystal flower pot that is faceted. We see three narrow green leaves or shoots standing up inside of the pot. They make me think of the leaves of a snake plant.

What I like about ...

• this piece is the fact that the daffodils are two different shades of yellow. The petals are a light lemony yellow, and the tubular part of the flower that extends from the flower’s center is an amber yellow color. That is very realistic, because I have seen some daffodils that are two-toned like that. I like the rich, grassy green shade of the leaves, too. They are a deeper green shade than the color of the crystal leaves that I normally see in Crystal World’s flower figurines.

I also like how the designers of this piece created one tall daffodil and one shorter one. It makes the figurine more dimensional, thereby making it more interesting to look at. If you know anyone who plants daffodils in their yard during springtime,

then this would make the perfect gift for that person. Daffodils are one of my favorite spring flowers, because no other flower looks like them. There is something very welcoming, feminine, and refreshing about their appearance.

It’s not often that I see a figurine of daffodils, so that in and of itself is unusual. That’s why I appreciate that Crystal World thought enough to include this piece in their collection of flower figurines. I also think that yellow is a color that isn’t used enough in crystal figurines. I would like to see Crystal World and Swarovski create more pieces with yellow crystal. It is a cheerful, uplifting color that I associate with lemons, and I love lemons! I hope that this daffodil figurine is a good seller this Easter season.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391480331/k2311a0118/1.18.11