Goody Ouchless Hair Elastics #09408  » Cosmetics  »
  • I also noticed that it doesn’t make a squeaking sound against the hair strands
  • That said, I think goody’s hair elastics are really resilient and sturdy
  • The set I bought included 17 pieces of hair elastics, and yet I’ve only used 3 of them in the past months
  • The only thing I didn’t like were the other neon colors, I prefer to use the muted blacks and blues to pair with a slightly corporate hair style
  • Rest assured, the Goody hair elastics are definitely ouchless

• by jhunie

I’m sure some out there could relate with me that rebonded hair demands a lot of discipline, even for something as mundane as hair, to maintain its straightness. It is akin to caring a crisp cotton blouse you don’t want to ever touch to cause crinkles to the fabric. I was told not to slip my hair at the back of my ears, don’t tie it with a ponytail, no hair implements like clips and crunchies, and so forth. Of course, that’s impossible of me to toe the line, given the list of rules to keep hair pin-straight. My neck needs to breathe some air you know! I couldn’t stand my bangs sticking close to my face the whole time. I use the Goody hair elastics to tie my hair up, especially when

I’m doing a lot of work.

I wholly trust the ouchless elastics because they don’t snag on my hair. My locks are usually dry in the morning right after I wake up. I slip this on quickly to gather my hair as I prepare myself to wash my face. The elastics seem to work despite my hair’s bedhead texture. I declare that the elastics are really friendly to the hair, because I generally see zero hair strands stuck on the elastic band after I wear my hair down. I also noticed that it doesn’t make a squeaking sound against the hair strands. I don’t know exactly what type of stretchable material they use, but the rubbery band feels hard and thick, unlike the cheap bands, which seem to be made of soft textiles. So if you want to put a premium on hair implements that don’t break your precious locks, look at Goody’s Ouchless products.

The elastics feel very comfortable too. I can go from a tight knot, with enough tension to pull my hair upward, to a low ponytail. You need to achieve a bit of tightness to wear the elastics, or they’d slip all of a sudden. It doesn’t pull my hair to a painful extent. I strongly feel this doesn’t deform the bond of straightened hair. For the many number of times my hair had been tied, I always observed it fell back to the usual style. I have yet to see some static developing on my ends, though I sometimes notice the right section near my face flares forward – not against my face, so ...

• Goody Ouchless Hair Elastics #09408
      it actually frames my face. But I’m not going to use the elastics for a very long length of time as it would be guaranteed to distort the bond of hair. I don’t make a habit out of it. Thus, I only fix it, like this, when necessary.

Goody’s selection of hair elastics actually come in various sizes, identified by their unique serial numbers, I suppose. I wanted to buy the bigger bands, the one which came in an all-black color and not like this multi-colored set I have. I was surprised that these look exactly the same as the latter since they are no-metal elastics. Instead, the bands are adjoined by a kind of adhesive. I have been using (rather more like abusing) one of the hair elastics for numerous days on ends

and it still retains the same initial size and shape as the time I first used it. It hasn’t stretched too much to loosen its grip on my hair, neither has it snapped. That said, I think goody’s hair elastics are really resilient and sturdy.

The set I bought included 17 pieces of hair elastics, and yet I’ve only used 3 of them in the past months. So I’m hopeful that set would last me a very long time. The only thing I didn’t like were the other neon colors, I prefer to use the muted blacks and blues to pair with a slightly corporate hair style. I spent 2 dollars for the product at ebay. Hence, I won’t be reluctant to hand out my full recommendation. Rest assured, the Goody hair elastics are definitely ouchless!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011391460331/k2311a0118/1.18.11