Swarovski Lee Roy
  • I think he came out on the market a year or two later
  • I like the fact that Swarovski created Lee Roy's eyes and nose with gun-metal crystal
  • Originally he cost $56, and now he is on sale for $28
  • Swarovski doesn't normally put any of the Lovlots on sale, as far as I know, so it is odd and rare that Lee Roy is now half-price
  • So if you know any cat lovers who have a birthday coming up soon, then you may want to consider Lee Roy as a possible gift

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Lee Roy the lion is one of Swarovski’s Lovlots. The Lovlots are a collection of loveable crystal animal figurines that Swarovski put out on the market several years ago, and they each have their own amusing “personality,” so to speak. Swarovski keeps adding more Lovlots to the collection, and each Lovlot is given a name that fits his appearance and personality in some way. The Lovlot family consists of a colorful group of cats, dogs, lambs, cows, and more! They are engaging little characters and caricatures. If I recall correctly, Lee Roy was not one of the first Lovlots that Swarovski created. I think he came out on the market a year or two later.

Lee Roy measures about one inch by about one and one-quarter of an inch, and he is made of colorless crystal. If

you like lions and movies like “The Lion King,” then I think you will love Lee Roy. He looks just like a real lion, complete with mane and long tail, except he doesn’t have four distinct legs and paws. Like some of the other Lovlots (maybe all of them), he was designed in such a way that we see a wide base in place of where his paws and legs would ordinarily be. That’s what makes these adorable Lovlots look like caricatures. They are not entirely true-to-life representations of real animals. Swarovski put an almost cartoonish spin on them, to a certain degree, so that these figurines make you smile when you look at them.

I like the fact that Swarovski created Lee Roy’s eyes and nose with gun-metal crystal. They give Lee Roy a bold and ...

• strong presence, so you know this is a lion you’re dealing with. But at the same time, they don’t take away from his cuteness. They only add to it. The only feature of this piece that I find odd is the way Lee Roy’s mane looks. It appears to be swept back somehow, as though the wind blew on it. So it may not be as fluffy looking as you might imagine a lion’s mane to be. It is hard to explain. You really need to see the picture of it on the Swarovski website to know what I mean.

But I will overlook that, because it still looks like a lion’s mane, and Lee Roy is still cute. And now is the time to buy him, because he is on sale! Originally he cost $56, and

now he is on sale for $28. If you are a Swarovski collector, then I’m sure you know that that’s a great price for a Lovlot, or really any Swarovski piece. I am kicking myself, because I wish I had waited to buy him! This is unheard of to me. Swarovski doesn’t normally put any of the Lovlots on sale, as far as I know, so it is odd and rare that Lee Roy is now half-price.

I think this is a wonderful gift for a cat lover. I would know, because I AM a cat lover! So if you know any cat lovers who have a birthday coming up soon, then you may want to consider Lee Roy as a possible gift. Or it would even make a nice Valentine’s Day gift for a woman who loves cats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391430331/k2311a0118/1.18.11