Crystal World Bluebird
  • So apparently the designers are fascinated by their beauty and mystique, and they consider them to be an inspiration in their creations
  • I don't think I have ever seen a real bluebird, so it is nice to have a crystal figurine of one
  • We see another short branch extending out from the first branch, but I think the short branch was created so that we have another leg to rest the figurine on so that it does not fall over when we put it down

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I don’t have any other crystal bird figurines from Crystal World, so I am glad that I had the opportunity to purchase this one. And what’s more, it is a bluebird, so that really makes it something special. Every once in a while, I do see crystal and glass bluebirds on the market. So apparently the designers are fascinated by their beauty and mystique, and they consider them to be an inspiration in their creations. I don’t think I have ever seen a real bluebird, so it is nice to have a crystal figurine of one.

This bluebird figurine is two inches long. What we see here is a chunky, healthy looking bluebird that is perched on a branch with a pink flower on either side of him and a leaf beside each flower. We see another short

branch extending out from the first branch, but I think the short branch was created so that we have another “leg” to rest the figurine on so that it does not fall over when we put it down. The branches are slightly textured, with a ridge here and a bump there.

But the main attraction here is the bluebird. He is rather cute, with his chest puffed out as though he knows he is gorgeous, and he wants to show himself off. His tail is not that long, but it is slender. He looks like he knows how much it accentuates his beauty by the way he is proudly sticking it out. He has black eyes, a tiny black beak, and an oversized head. (Or at least it looks oversized to me.) Maybe Crystal World made it extra big ...

• on purpose, so that the bird would look even more amusing and cuter than he already is. I think it’s also funny how his body is so puffed out that it is covering his feet. So all we see is his body sitting on top of the branch and no feet to grasp the branch.

This is a great gift for animal lovers in general and for bird lovers in particular. I think it’s an especially thoughtful gift for bird watchers and for people who like to visit bird sanctuaries or watch nature shows. I had a parakeet when I was a teenager, so I myself am a bird lover who enjoys observing the way birds perch. I think it is fun to watch them preen themselves and to observe their reactions to other animals nearby. So it is

a pleasure for me to own this crystal bluebird figurine.

It costs $75 on the Crystal World website. But please don’t get this one confused with the figurine that’s called “Mr. Bluebird.” That one looks similar, but it costs more money. (Crystal World has done the same thing with two daffodil figurines on the website. They look almost identical, but one of them costs much more.)

I really hope that bird lovers and bird watchers are reading this, because it would be wonderful if they checked out this bluebird on the site. You can enlarge the photo that is shown there and get a clearer picture of the bird, but I think the angle at which they photographed the little cutie does not really do him justice. Trust me, he looks better in person than he does in the picture!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391400331/k2311a0118/1.18.11