Swarovski Missy Mo
  • I think that cows are highly respected animals, because they bring us milk, so we need them in our lives
  • I like that Swarovski created the horns in smooth crystal as a contrast to the faceted crystal in the rest of the piece

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Missy Mo is Swarovski’s cow in their Lovlot collection. The Lovlots are an engaging group of crystal animal figurines that almost look like caricatures and not real animals. The Lovlots include a family of cats, dogs, mice, and so many more kinds of animals! Missy Mo is the original and permanent cow in the Lovlot collection. Apparently, she has been extremely popular with the customers, too. I say that because since Swarovski put her on the market several years ago, they have been creating a number of limited-edition “spin-offs” that have the same design as Missy Mo but with a few different features.

Missy Mo is made of colorless crystal, and she measures almost two inches by one and three-quarter inches. Her features are just adorable.

She has an oversized nose, big ears that stick out, horns on her head, and a cow bell hanging from her neck. Her eyes are made of gun-metal crystal, which seems appropriate, considering that her body is colorless. So she needs dark eyes that stand out.

The cow image seems to be a popular one these days. There is Laughing Cow cheese. And I have seen ceramic figurines of cows in a couple of gift shops. I think that cows are highly respected animals, because they bring us milk, so we need them in our lives. I guess Swarovski was inspired by that thought, and so they included a cow in their collection of Lovlots.

Missy Mo is my favorite Lovlot. I really like all of ...

• her details, especially her horns and her cow bell. I like that Swarovski created the horns in smooth crystal as a contrast to the faceted crystal in the rest of the piece. (The only other part of Missy Mo that is smooth are her eyes.) And I adore the cow bell! I think that is like the icing on the cake, as they say, or the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae. It finishes off the piece perfectly. I think it makes Missy Mo extra cute and appealing.

I’m assuming that Missy Mo is the most popular Lovlot, because Swarovski has created about eight spin-offs of her. The spin-offs have all been colored in some way or featured with some kind of decoration on

the cow’s body. I own a couple of the spin-offs, and it’s like they are a dressed up version of Missy Mo. I think it is amazing that all of those spin-offs were created in the short time span of five years. (I believe the Lovlots were introduced in 2006.) I guess that goes to show you how well-loved cows are.

Missy Mo costs $56 on the Swarovski website. This is an ideal gift for someone who lives on a farm and knows what it is like to milk cows every day. But you don’t need to live on a farm to appreciate this figurine. I think all animal lovers will get a kick out of her, and they will smile at the sight of her cow bell!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391340331/k2311a0118/1.18.11