Swarovski Beach Life 4-Piece Crystal Set
  • This is a precious set of four miniature crystal figurines that Swarovski put out several years ago, and I think it was a limited-edition set
  • I love to visit the seashore in New Jersey, so being able to purchase this was a treat for me
  • Unfortunately, the scallop shell can only be positioned lying down
  • And I like that this is a loose representation of a real crab, meaning that we don't get to see all of its legs in great detail
  • I don't remember what I paid for it several years ago, but I assume that the price has gone up since then, because this was a limited-edition piece

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a precious set of four miniature crystal figurines that Swarovski put out several years ago, and I think it was a limited-edition set. I love to visit the seashore in New Jersey, so being able to purchase this was a treat for me. I guess you could say that these four pieces are like little trinkets. It’s nice that they are each small (about one inch long), so they don’t take up very much space when you display them. This is an ideal gift for anyone who enjoys boating, hanging out at the beach, or collecting seashells.

Each one of these little figurines represents the ocean in some way. We have a light blue sailboat, a pink crab with black eyes, an orange starfish, and a colorless scallop

shell. You can position three of these pieces (the crab, starfish, and sailboat) either lying down or standing up. Unfortunately, the scallop shell can only be positioned lying down. The sailboat really should be positioned standing up in order to appreciate it. After all, that’s the way we see sailboats in the water. The sailboat is a simple but cute piece, and I am not even a boat person!

The starfish is amusing to look at when I stand it up. It looks like it is dancing! That’s because of the way Swarovski designed the five arms of the starfish. They are curved a bit, which gives the illusion of movement to the piece. So if you stand this starfish up, then it will make you smile and maybe even ...

• laugh. Think of it as a therapeutic little piece, if you had a bad day at work and need something to boost your spirits.

But my favorite piece in this set is the crab. I love the black eyes against the crab’s light pink body. They are beady and they really pop, and they give the crab some character. And I like that this is a loose representation of a real crab, meaning that we don’t get to see all of its legs in great detail. I don’t think I would want to, because I don’t think real crabs are cute. But Swarovski shows us just enough detail to make this crab a cute little guy. That couldn’t have been easy to pull off, but somehow Swarovski managed to do

it. So I have to tip my hat off to them!

This Beach Life set is available to purchase on a website called Artisan Gems Boutique. It costs $47.50. I don’t remember what I paid for it several years ago, but I assume that the price has gone up since then, because this was a limited-edition piece. I hope you enjoy this set if you do buy it, because I think it is a very engaging and entertaining group of figurines. My only complaint is that the scallop shell cannot be placed vertically so that it’s standing up. I think it’s the kind of piece that you could appreciate more that way, because we could get a better look at the ridged edges of the shell as the light reflects on them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391320331/k2311a0118/1.18.11