Swarovski Pear
  • This is a piece that I bought about ten years ago, which was around the time that I first started collecting Swarovski crystal figurines
  • I like the faceting on Swarovski's pieces and the way the light reflects off of them so that you can see virtually every color in the rainbow
  • I love the fact that they have created crystallized pieces of animals that I have never even heard of, like the marmot (which is a type of squirrel)
  • I don't remember what I paid for it, but it is still available on a website called Crystal Exchange
  • I think this is the perfect piece to display there if you are hosting a dinner party or if you are celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter in your home

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a piece that I bought about ten years ago, which was around the time that I first started collecting Swarovski crystal figurines. I like the faceting on Swarovski’s pieces and the way the light reflects off of them so that you can see virtually every color in the rainbow. Then I started getting interested in the colored crystal pieces. I just love the variety that Swarovski has to offer, especially in their collection of flower figurines and animal figurines. I love the fact that they have created crystallized pieces of animals that I have never even heard of, like the marmot (which is a type of squirrel). Swarovski has produced a crystal zoo!

I am

always drawn to figurines of fruit for some reason, whether they are made of hand-blown glass or crystal. This crystal pear is retired, and the price has gone up considerably. I don’t remember what I paid for it, but it is still available on a website called Crystal Exchange. There are a couple handfuls of them, but some of them vary in price. The least expensive one is $179. There is a photo of the pear, too, if you point your cursor at the words, “View Image.”

This crystal pear is three and a half inches high and is made of clear, faceted crystal. It has a good-sized stem and a leaf extending from the stem. I ...

• like that Swarovski put some nice details on the leaf, capturing the ridges on the edges of the leaf and very subtly depicting the lines (or veins) in the leaf. The body of the pear has gentle and graceful curves, just like you see in an actual pear. I like this piece, because I think it is very classy and elegant. That’s why I think it is too special to display in a bedroom, where visitors and guests might not be able to see it. I think it really belongs on a mantel or in a china closet in the living room or dining room. On a mantel it would really catch the light beautifully, because
        it is out in the open and not enclosed in a display cabinet.

I think this is the perfect piece to display there if you are hosting a dinner party or if you are celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter in your home. Even though you may not display it right on the dining room table, people will be sure to notice it. It’s the kind of piece that catches your eye, because it’s not too big but it’s not too small either. And if you and your guests are fruit lovers, or if you simply like the shapes of different fruits, then I’m sure you and they will appreciate this beautifully sculpted crystal pear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4618011391300331/k2311a0118/1.18.11