Optus Turbo Charge Phone Credit  » General services  »
  • When they first introduced the Turbo Charge I went to it straight away cause I know it would be perfect for me
  • As I said, I found it very useful this way and prepaid is really the best option for me with how I keep texting and I save a fortune , because I normally use up to $30 a week texting friends, and I have to keep buying credit and by the end of the month I look back and realize how much money I have been wasting
  • I think its even all right if you want to even top your phone up every 3 weeks so you know you've got plenty of credit

• by Rebecca

For me talking on the phone I use up a lot of credit instantly, especially when it comes to texting. When they first introduced the Turbo Charge I went to it straight away cause I know it would be perfect for me. The only downside is to keep the well earnt credit each month you must top up your phone before or on the expiry date other wise you would lose it.

How turbo charge works is, if you go to your local newsagent you would just ask for a Optus $30 prepaid, then you would have to call to top up your account by going

to 555, and then press the number 2 button. You wait till they tell you that you need to enter the 10 digit number which are in bolder numbers further down the piece of paper then you hit the # key and then press enter.

Then you press the button you would normally hang up on and it should say request not found. I always double check by texting balance to 9999.

Normally you get a response straight away. If you don’t and you want to know you might just have to call 555 again.

Once you’ve done that you would notice that adding the $30 ...

• to your phone you’ll find that it would come up as $30, and your bonus balance would be $90, so in the end you would get the total of $120 worth the credit. That normally lasts me just by the end of the month.

You could also get a $40 Optus credit and get even more of a bigger bonus to around $200 worth the credit. But just keep reminding if you don’t top up your phone credit by the expiry date or the last date you would lose it all.

As I said, I found it very useful this way and prepaid is really the

best option for me with how I keep texting and I save a fortune , because I normally use up to $30 a week texting friends, and I have to keep buying credit and by the end of the month I look back and realize how much money I have been wasting. So this is really good for those who want to save their money and get the extra free credit.

I think its even all right if you want to even top your phone up every 3 weeks so you know you’ve got plenty of credit. Your money is more well spent this way too.

Elise says :

I recently change to turbocharge, and i waited a few days untill i got 30 credit, but i didn`t get the extra credit? how do i? i really need it, i hate spending 30 like each week

Marg says :

To get the extra credit you have to sms “IOU” to 468. Go here to confirm how it’s done:

Myles says :

Do you have to pay 30 each month or can you pay 30 every while or then

Marg says :

You do have to pay each month or the service will be off. The $ 30 plan expires after 28 days. Check it here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251603139130331/k2311a0316/3.16.07