Buckwheat Traditional Pillow from The Original Makura  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I love to buy pillow as I feel they are at the slightest cost that would promise me a good night sleep at night
  • They are definitely cheaper than buying a new mattress that could have cost me a fortune if really good ones were bought

• by janicemic

This is one of the weirdest out of ordinary pillow that I own. I love to buy pillow as I feel they are at the slightest cost that would promise me a good night sleep at night. They are definitely cheaper than buying a new mattress that could have cost me a fortune if really good ones were bought. I have my love and hate relationship with this traditional pillow. I got them from an online store and I was really intrigued with the idea of having buckwheat in my pillow. They are really more costly than most of the pillows

I have bought thus I have high hopes on them. When I got the pillow, I was almost regretting the purchased. The pillow is smaller than most of the pillow I own and I love the normal sized big pillow. This pillow is so small that it only fit my head on it and it could only meet the expense of me turning to both sides and no sliding on the pillow is allowed due to the small coverage size. I love to move my head around on the pillow until I find my “it” position for my sleep but this ...

• is not possible with this pillow.

The pillow is very noisy as it has tonne of buckwheat hulls in them. I took some time to get used to the noise created from the buckwheat hulls every time I move my head on the pillow. A slightest move will result in the buckwheat hulls friction and thus music in my ears. The pillow feels really hard on my head as the buckwheat hulls enveloped my head and neck. Sometimes a certain posture will result in the buckwheat hulls poking on my cheek. It does not cost me any injury just a slight

discomfort as I sometimes wake up in the wee hours to change my posture hoping to stop the poking.

I love how this pillow seems to support my neck and my head once I get used to the hard crunchy texture of the pillow. The pillow feels great in air conditioned room but it emits a certain odor when I sleep without air condition. I hate to admit this but my sweat causes the pillow to smell. I try to dry the pillow under the sun however that doesn’t get rid of the stench thus I had to throw the pillow away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318011391050231/k2311a0118/1.18.11