Cepacol Extra Strength Instant Relief Sore Throat Lozenges  » Medicine  »
  • I bought this from the local drug store for the sore throat that I have
  • I love the cooling menthol sensation I get from this lozenge when I pop them in to my mouth
  • I couldn’t feel them anymore, I guess this is one of the disadvantage of having the numbing properties

• by janicemic

I bought this from the local drug store for the sore throat that I have. The medicine I got from my regular doctor seems to have stop working for me or I simply needed a higher dose. Of all the sickness I could possible get; I dread sore throat and coughing the most.

They could get so serious on me when I couldn’t meet the expense of swallowing my own saliva. Sleeping with a sore throat is also no easy manner for me as once I am asleep, my mouth stop producing saliva and the dryness gets to my sore throat and I will wake to very

painful sensation in the throat.

Thus I always look for medicine that provides instant relief. I was so thrilled when I tried Cepacol Extra Strength Instant Relief Sore Throat lozenges.

It comes in two of my favorite flavors Cherry and Honey. I have tried both flavors and favor Cherry more.

They both taste fairly good with a little medicine background taste that I hate however they are medicated pastille after all thus I would do with it especially since they provide instant relief to my throbbing pain.

I love the cooling menthol sensation I get from this lozenge when I pop them in to my mouth.

The ...

• flavor is usually strongest in the beginning, and then the menthol takes over my throat. I love how they provide a strong cooling sensation that it actually numbs my throat to a certain degree I do not fill the pain anymore.

I love how I am able to swallow without pain when I have the lozenge in my mouth. I forget I had them when I continue to have relief from the lozenge no matter how many times I get them.

The relief from the lozenge did wear off soon after I finish the lozenge in my mouth. This is what I really hate about this lozenge.

The cooling and numbing sensation are mostly depleted by the 10 or 15 minutes after the lozenge. Once the numbing sensation is gone I had to pop in another of the lozenge and eventually my tongue feels numbs too.

I couldn’t feel them anymore, I guess this is one of the disadvantage of having the numbing properties. I always try to place the lozenge at the back of tongue so I don’t feel much of discomfort when I had to suck on them continuously.

This lozenge does not heal my sore throat but they do provide me instant relief like no other. It is a must have for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618011391010231/k2311a0118/1.18.11