Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti Bean Pendant  » Jewelry  »
  • I love her style generally - the starfish, the teardrop and the bean for example - all lovely gold designs that make you want to touch them and enjoy their smoothness
  • This is basically because I was disappointed that the chain that comes with the pendant is just a trace chain and can hardly be seen under certain lighting and at certain angles
  • This comes in 18K gold but I think it is also available in Tiffany’s silver range
  • I notice from reviews on the internet that some people find the concept of a bean pendant a bit weird but I really liked it
  • This small one cost me £650 and I see now that a rise in VAT has taken it to £660

• by jeanne71

As I had no gold necklaces at all I wanted to treat myself to something really special, so I headed for the Tiffany & Co website, like you do. I perused a wonderful chocolate box of various pendants and after much consideration I settled on the bean pendant from designer, Elsa Peretti. I love her style generally - the starfish, the teardrop and the bean for example - all lovely gold designs that make you want to touch them and enjoy their smoothness.

I chose the smallest bean which comes together with a 16” chain so it sits just under my collarbone. Although this is a lovely piece of jewellery that is quirky as well as classic in its simplicity, I have actually

returned it to Tiffany.

This is basically because I was disappointed that the chain that comes with the pendant is just a trace chain and can hardly be seen under certain lighting and at certain angles. Although this is fine if you want that kind of look but I had imagined that the chain would be more substantial and would partially show if I was wearing crew neck sweaters for example.

With other pendants it is possible to just take it off the chain and put it onto a more substantial chain if required, but this bean cannot be removed from the chain as the fasteners are too big to fit through the middle of the bean. So in this review I can ...

• certainly tell you how lovely this piece of jewellery is but just warn you that the chain is only trace.

This comes in 18K gold but I think it is also available in Tiffany’s silver range. You can get small, medium and large beans I think but I had the smallest one which measures 14mm in width.

Why a bean? It is supposed to symbolise new beginnings and growth, a concept which did encapsulate this point in my life. I was attracted to this as I quite like ‘beans’ in general and, for some reason, find coffee beans and jellybeans a cute shape (although I cannot stand the taste of jellybeans).

I notice from reviews on the internet that some people find the

concept of a bean pendant a bit weird but I really liked it. I wanted a pendant to wear everyday actually and when I wore this for a few days to try it out, I found it was suitable for everyday wear and did not get caught in my hair or anything.

This small one cost me £650 and I see now that a rise in VAT has taken it to £660. Obviously the gold itself is not worth that kind of money, but you do get a wonderful quality, designer piece together with the Tiffany stamp on the fasteners on the chain, which some of you would relish.

Have a look at it on the website and just bear in mind what I said about the chain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4518011390960231/k2311a0118/1.18.11