MosquiGo Insect Repellant Gel Lotion with Moisturizer  » Health  »
1.5
  • I thought it smelled sweet and I remembered, people are saying mosquitoes might be biting me a lot because I have a sweet-tasting blood, would the mosquito not bite me even more with this scent
  • Feeling skeptical about this one, although tempted, I decided to buy a bundle of three 6-mL sachets which cost around Php18 or $0.42

• by hidge

It has been raining in our country these days. We all know that every rainy season, mosquitoes tend to be a lot more than the usual.

Ever since when I was a little girl, I am the only one in our family who gets constantly bitten by mosquitoes. I do not know why they really like biting me considering that I am really clean on my body. Some said that maybe I have a certain scent that smells pleasant or even yummy for mosquitoes while some are saying that maybe I have a sweet-tasting blood which somehow, makes sense because I eat a lot of sweets. However, scientifically speaking, I am not sure of how true that is.

So now that rainy season is back, it means that the mosquitoes are back to sip the blood out of

my skin again. And that is not my only concern. My biggest concerns are the diseases that the mosquitoes might cause me. There are malaria and dengue which could be both deadly. That being said, I cannot just use an ordinary lotion but at this time, I need a mosquito repellent lotion.

I was in a mall, browsing some mosquito repellent lotions and this new brand caught my eyes. This comes in different scents which are all fruity. I sniffed one scent in particular which is strawberry. I thought it smelled sweet and I remembered, people are saying mosquitoes might be biting me a lot because I have a sweet-tasting blood, would the mosquito not bite me even more with this scent? But I thought, I cannot just judge this by just the smell of it as ...

• maybe it has something else to shoo away mosquitoes.

Feeling skeptical about this one, although tempted, I decided to buy a bundle of three 6-mL sachets which cost around Php18 or $0.42.

When I reached home, I put this on my legs. I thought that this gel lotion would be thick but as soon as I poured it on my palm, it seemed and felt like baby oil. I just continued rubbing it on my skin and I have to say that it did not feel oily. It felt moisturizing while I was still rubbing it on my skin. However, it quickly dried up after a few rubs. When I finished rubbing, I observed if any mosquitoes would take a bite while I have this on. As the night went on, I did not feel any mosquitoes bit

me.

Now, this did not state on the label of how long its effectiveness would last but after a few minutes when I woke up in the morning and sat, the mosquitoes struck again.

The Bottom Line This seems to be a fun insect repellent gel lotion because of its sweet strawberry scent. This is a bit moisturizing but only while it is still wet. However, as soon as it dries up, the moisture is gone. Otherwise, I do not think that this is effective at all when it comes on protecting my skin from mosquito bites. I used this again last night and just a few minutes later, mosquitoes bit me again.

Pros Yummy sweet scent, not sticky, and quite moisturizing.

Cons This is too watery and not effective on protecting skin from mosquito bites, at least for me.

Would I buy this product again?

No, thanks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418011390820231/k2311a0118/1.18.11