Vibram five-fingers running shoe
  • When running I can definitely feel the ground and avoid even large pebbles
  • I paid $100 and the non-trek models were $85, I would pay the few extra bucks for the more complete although practically non-existent shoe

• by Andrea M. Gilson

Vibram five-fingers Running Shoes

For years I have run in minimalist running styles that mimic barefoot running. I only discovered my option of Vibram five fingers recently although they have been on the market for years. The footwear features separate compartments for each toe. Getting them on can be a challenge and takes practice.

When going to try them on allow plenty of time as the toes are not used to being forced apart in this manner. My salesman remarked that I had more patience then anyone he ever witnessed trying the Vibram five-fingers on. Surprisingly, he also said I was the only person that took a trial run in each pair I tried on (around the store).

It seems that those that are not runners just think they are a cool novelty sneaker or else

want them for water sports. Indeed, the Vibram five-fingers would be great for many activities but they were designed with the runner in mind so it is the runner that I will appeal to now. In a recent ad for the Vibram five-fingers the clause stated, “You are the technology.

” This is a perfect description. The body gets no help from the shoe. The body is forced to make adjustments for balance and strikes.

This builds strength; the body does all the work. A good thing when you are working out your body. The bare foot appeal of the shoe naturally shuns the dreaded heel strike and brings the foot down in the more natural mid-foot strike.

Acceleration is a dream. I have found that after running in the Vibram five-fingers for four months that when ...

• I am too lazy in the morning to fight with the toe separation and wear my former minimalist shoe, they feel like trucks on my feet. I one hundred percent prefer the Vibram five-fingers.

As inferred in the previous sentence the Vibram five-fingers still vex my morning schedule if I am too tired or crabby to wrestle with my baby toe which seems welded to its neighbor. I have the Trek model of the shoe which is totally enclosed with a thin fabric and I do fear that they will have shorter life than I hope because of the constant tugging on the fabric and toe manipulation. There are models that have the top of the foot open which I imagine would help much in getting them on.

I remarked to a friend that I wish a

Velcro patch area was build in so I could get my fingers up in there to help without stressing the fabric. The Trek model also has full coverage at the sole of the foot which some other models do not have. When running I can definitely feel the ground and avoid even large pebbles.

One of my friends has the non -Trek model and was very jealous when he saw mine. I paid $100 and the non-trek models were $85, I would pay the few extra bucks for the more complete although practically non-existent shoe. A guaranteed benefit to wearing the Vibram five-fingers is that you will have plenty of comments and questions about them.

A woman at a coffee shop said, “Wow, those are neat slippers you are wearing. ” Go ahead be the first of your friend to get them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5518011390330131/k2311a0118/1.18.11