Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Garlic Bread Pepperoni Pizza
  • I suppose for the amount of money I paid for this pizza, it was acceptable, but I didn't enjoy it all that much
  • For a little under three dollars, I suppose delicious would be impossible to achieve, but I would rather spend more money on a Walmart Marketside pizza and garlic Texas Toast and end up with a meal more flavorful and appetizing

• by CirclingCanvas

Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Garlic Bread Pepperoni Pizza sells for just two dollars and ninety-nine cents at ALDI Food Market stores. It’s a twelve inch pizza. I suppose for the amount of money I paid for this pizza, it was acceptable, but I didn’t enjoy it all that much. What didn’t appeal to me about this pizza was the pepperoni. There was a fairly decent amount of pepperoni spread across the surface of the pizza, but it had sort of an odd taste

to it, like poultry had been added to it. Poultry is a common ingredient in the cheaper pepperoni brands. I can’t recall what the ingredients said pertaining to the pepperoni slices, but the pepperoni didn’t taste all that good to me.

Aside from the pepperoni, the pizza was acceptable. There was a decent amount of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza, so that gave it a good, cheesy flavor and a slightly gooey texture. The tomato sauce wasn’t anything special, but at least ...

• it kept the pizza from being dry. The crust had some garlic flavor to it, but not enough for me to feel that it could possibly take the place of making garlic bread or garlic Texas toast to go with the pizza. The crust wasn’t even particularly fluffy or soft, although I wouldn’t go as far as to say that it was tough. Still, for just under three dollars, it was acceptable, although not satisfactory enough for me to want to buy it
        again.

Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Garlic Bread Pepperoni Pizza will probably feed three people, unless the three people are really hungry. As I was eating the pizza, I didn’t feel myself really craving more of it. For a little under three dollars, I suppose delicious would be impossible to achieve, but I would rather spend more money on a Walmart Marketside pizza and garlic Texas Toast and end up with a meal more flavorful and appetizing. I’m going to give this pizza a “6″ rating.

Rosanne Murphy says :

I would like to start by saying my husband and I will never buy a Mama Cozzi’s pizza again. He preheated the oven and took the pizza out of the plastic wrapping. He called me in to see that their was a half inch bug on top of the pizza and h was starting to come alive. We took a picture of it on our camera. We had bought 9 other Mama Cozzi’s pizzas and had them in the freezer, but after seeing the bug we could not bring ourselves to cooking another one. So, we threw out a total of 10 pizza’s. On our budget, that is a significant amount of money that we just wasted. I hope your company stands by their product and does the right thing and reimburses for the pizzas. I would hate to have to tell our friends and relatives what happened to us.
    Thank you for your time and assistance in handing this matter.
    Rosanne Murphy
    2805 Meadow Lane
    West Des Moines, IA 50265

CirclingCanvas replies :

I don’t blame you for being upset. Although nothing like what you described has ever happened to me, I would be troubled greatly by this. All I can recommend you do is return to the store you purchased the pizzas from and ask to see a manager. I am like everyone else on Reviewstream - I have no affiliation or connection with the products or companies that I review, so there is nothing that I can do other than advise you to talk to the management at the store where your purchase was made. Good luck.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718011390320131/k2311a0118/1.18.11