Bonefish Grill in Schaumburg, Illinois  » Restaurants  »
180 South Roselle Road Schaumburg, IL 60193
  • Perhaps I only noticed this because I was there with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and we were tired of our conversation being interrupted just to say thanks, we're fine
  • I know it's meant to provide a nice ambiance but I'd like to see the food I am eating, you know
  • I had the grilled rainbow trout with the mango salsa and it was delicious
  • My friend enjoyed her meal as well -- the pecan parmesan crusted rainbow trout
  • I think Bonefish Grill is delicious and does have menu options for everyone--seafood eater or not

• by susie.qsie

My friend and I recently had dinner at Bonefish Grill in Schaumburg (180 South Roselle Road Schaumburg, IL 60193 (847) 534-0679). Since my husband is not a seafood eater I rarely get out to seafood restaurants so I made a point to go here since he wasn’t with us!

We had a 6:30 reservation on a Thursday night. However, we finished work early and made it there by 6:15. Though we were early, we were seated promptly. The restaurant was busy but not overly crowded. We sat at a 2-person table where one of us had a booth seat and the other a chair. It wasn’t my ideal

table as we were also in between two other parties but we weren’t so close to them that it felt like we were sharing a table.

Our server was attentive and offered suggestions when we asked for them. She may have actually stopped by a bit too often to see how we were doing. Perhaps I only noticed this because I was there with a friend I hadn’t seen in a while and we were tired of our conversation being interrupted just to say “thanks, we’re fine.”

The restaurant was dimly lit. I always feel older than my 33 years when I say this but I wish they ...

• would crank up the lights a bit! I know it’s meant to provide a nice ambiance but I’d like to see the food I am eating, you know?

We started our meal with the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer and it did not disappoint. Ever so slightly coated to make the shrimp crunchy and then mixed in a warm, creamy thai sweet chili sauce that also had a kick to it. It was a great combination of tang, heat, sweet, and crunch while still letting the shrimp taste come through.

I had the grilled rainbow trout with the mango salsa and it was delicious. I am never able to

cook fish just right at home. I almost always over cook it but here, it was just perfect. Our server recommended the mango salsa as a sauce and it was surprisingly sweet and bright, in a good way. I liked the accompaniment with the fish. My friend enjoyed her meal as well — the pecan parmesan crusted rainbow trout.

I think Bonefish Grill is delicious and does have menu options for everyone–seafood eater or not. It is a nice dinner out but is still fairly priced. The food is excellent and specials are always changing if you want to try something new.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718011390011231/k2311a0118/1.18.11