Campbell’s Light Chicken Mushroom Barley Condensed Soup
  • Like the best cold-weather soups, this is a thick concoction with lots of hearty winter vegetables and other ingredients that will provide a nice stick-to-your-ribs meal
  • And I love the way the earthy, toasted barley and large meaty mushrooms mix together
  • It’s light and only provides 70 calories per serving, which I think is great

• by sarahanne

Whenever winter comes around and I’m in the mood for soup, I always grab this variety. It is one of the very best varieties that Campbell’s makes.

This soup contains mushrooms and barley as their basic ingredient. But instead of being placed in a vegetable or beef broth, the soup is made with chicken broth and very meaty, very dense

chicken pieces. It’s also rounded out with onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Like the best cold-weather soups, this is a thick concoction with lots of hearty winter vegetables and other ingredients that will provide a nice stick-to-your-ribs meal. And I love the way the earthy, toasted barley and large meaty mushrooms mix together. I also like that there is so much barley and so many mushrooms in this soup! It really makes a difference for me.

On the nutritional side, this is actually not a bad investment. It’s light and only provides 70 calories per serving, which I think is great. When eating a soup like this, I tend not to worry too much about calories and fat because usually ...

• Campbell's Light Chicken Mushroom Barley Condensed Soup
      I want something that is hearty and will give me some calories and energy, including both fat and carbohydrates. But it’s also nice to know that I’m not packing on the pounds by eating it. I also like that this soup has 10 percent of the daily value of vitamin A, in addition to small amounts of calcium, iron, and
      vitamin C per serving. I also think it’s wonderful that this soup has less sodium than the original version or other varieties of Campbell’s condensed soup. This particular variety uses sea salt, which is healthier than table salt and provides more natural minerals to the body. On the whole, I love this soup and I think if you haven’t tried it, you definitely should.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718011389961231/k2311a0118/1.18.11