Tokyo Tower  » Travel  »
4-2-8 Shiba-koen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-0011
  • According to some references, besides functioning as communication tower Tokyo Tower also accommodates some interesting items such as museums to visit
  • When I stayed in Tokyo (for 40 days for a joint research), I had a couple of weekends to hunt experience, including the Tokyo Tower
  • Near the tower, I noticed that there were specific direction signs for foreigners which were different from those for the Japanese
  • I think the management had realized this, so they provided several museums as addition to the attraction, which to my mind they are mediocre, in addition to the entry tickets which are rather expensive for such quality
  • The only thing I like in this place is the service for foreigners, which is very good as I have mentioned above

• by Pusaka

According to some references, besides functioning as communication tower Tokyo Tower also accommodates some interesting items such as museums to visit. When I stayed in Tokyo (for 40 days for a joint research), I had a couple of weekends to hunt experience, including the Tokyo Tower. Armed with a map of Tokyo, I used the subway Asakusa line and got off at Daimon station.

This is actually not the nearest station, but I did intend to walk leisurely. I walked westward from crowded city streets towards green areas and very spacious landscape.

A few

minutes later the Tokyo Tower was visible. I really wanted to take my own photos with Tokyo Tower as the background, but I did not see anyone who could assist me for this purpose, apparently they were all busy, hurried with a serious face.

Near the tower, I noticed that there were specific direction signs for foreigners which were different from those for the Japanese. Whilst foreign visitors were directed into the building at the foot of Tokyo Tower, the Japanese were to the ticket booth on the outside of the building.

It was ...

• hard to get Japanese people who could explain this in English to me. Finally the ticket officer asked her colleague who explained to me that the counter for foreign visitors were served in-door by English-speaking staff, and provided with tourist brochures of Tokyo Tower, of course with the same ticket price that was 820 yen (10 U.

S. dollars)!

I went up to the main observatory consisting of two floors to see the sights of the city from a height.

I quickly got bored because there was nothing special. I then went down into some

museums at the foot of the tower, but here I had to pay again between 500 yen and 700 yen.

Tourists may feel proud when ever visited Tokyo Tower, but frankly there is no superb scenery. I think the management had realized this, so they provided several museums as addition to the attraction, which to my mind they are mediocre, in addition to the entry tickets which are rather expensive for such quality.

The only thing I like in this place is the service for foreigners, which is very good as I have mentioned above.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3818011389781231/k2311a0118/1.18.11