The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter Body Lotion
  • I like the way this company named this product line to differentiate it from competition
  • It has this scent that I know will turn sour when it got too hot
  • However, to me, this is the best scent of all the body butters out there
  • I do not know, but due to the amazing scent of this product, its main purpose, which is skin care, has become only secondary to me
  • Just apply a very small amount, and the problem goes away

• by RichieMogwai

The Body Shop, a company that specializes in lotions and aromatherapy, has a big line up of body butter products. I like the way this company named this product line to differentiate it from competition. The only thing that has been keeping me away from this shop recently is the fact their products are pricey. For example, I only bought the Papaya body butter when The Body Shop advertised a two-for-one deal; otherwise, I would not have been driven to buy.

Generally, most men do not care much about their skin. They tend to think that it is as strong as their muscles. So usually, they realize how sensitive or how weak their skin is only when it is too late,

but not I. After all, the skin is the body’s biggest organ; hence, without adequate care many things can go wrong. This is why I make it a point to scout for reliable skin care products every now and then, and it was in one of these trips that I discovered The Body Shop Papaya body butter.

You might ask, what made me zero in on the Papaya version from a plethora of body butters? The simple answer is the scent. This body butter or body lotion has the most provocative scent of all The Body Shop line up. For example, The Body Shop has the strawberry variety, but after smelling it, I did not even have second thoughts

about not taking it. It has this scent that I know will turn sour when it got too hot. The Papaya version, however, is totally different.

It never fails, all I have to do is apply it generously on my hands, and sooner or later, everyone in the room deigns to catch the scent in the air. Some even say they smell food, which I find too funny. However, to me, this is the best scent of all the body butters out there. I do not know, but due to the amazing scent of this product, its main purpose, which is skin care, has become only secondary to me. This is not to say that it does not moisturize ...

• The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter Body Lotion
      my skin for the truth is it does. It is just that honestly; it was not the moisturizing properties, which made me gravitate towards it.

In fact, I find it too sticky or greasy at times, although I have found a way out of that. Just apply a very small amount, and the problem goes away. Now since this concoction is called body butter, you might expect that I would apply it on my whole body after taking a bath, but not so. Not even a company like The Body Shop can get me to do this. I would hate my whole body to smell like papaya, especially my underarms. In fact, when it mixes with sweat, this body

butter is a bad thing, nor any body butter for that matter, I suspect.

I would not apply the Papaya body butter on my face either, as my skin is very sensitive and is likely to react to a strongly scented lotion. I did once, and my rosy cheeks got upgraded to rosacea, so never again. To me, what this body butter is good for is the hands and legs, nothing more. I strongly caution men against using this on their entire body since a male’s sweat glands are more likely than not, more active and the mixture with sweat does not augur well for the scent buds. So if you care about other people’s sense of smell, kindly heed my advice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011389601231/k2311a0118/1.18.11