Baiyoke tower Bangkok  » Hotels  »
1.5
Bangkok, Thailand
  • The only real plus side was the view from the room which was amazing - overlooking the busy bangkok streets
  • So all in all I woud not recommend this hotel - you can get much better value for money elsewhere

• by -carmen-
      We stayed in the Baiyoke sky hotel for 3 nights in february. The Baiyoke is Thailand’s tallest hotel - with 83 floors!

I was looking forward to my stay because I booked online and the website photos looked nice and I though it would be a novelty staying in the tallest building,

but unfortuantly I was wrong.

We paid about $150 for a deluxe room on the sky floor (66 floor) which may seem cheap in the western world but is actually a lot in Thailand.

The hotel lobby on the 18th floor, so you have to wait for a lift to get there.

...

• The most annoying thing about this hotel is that it is more of a ‘tourist trap’ then a hotel, with hoards of visitors coming everday to go to the observation deck.

So you are always having to wait a long time for the lifts.

The room was average with a nice size

bathroom.

The only real plus side was the view from the room which was amazing - overlooking the busy bangkok streets.

So all in all I woud not recommend this hotel - you can get much better value for money elsewhere.

Visit the baiyoke for a quick look out of the observation deck - but don’t stay there!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21503138960831/k2311a0315/3.15.07