St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub Facial Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • While it did not solve my pimple problem, the apricot scrub took care of scrubbing off dead skin from my face to reveal and promote new screen growth
  • I think the real winner in this product is the apricot itself as from research I do not think there is any other fruit that contain any higher levels of vitamin A
  • Antioxidants as far as I know rid the body of the harmful byproducts of oxidation or taking in oxygen
  • Definitely, it is an excellent complement to my skin care regimen

• by RichieMogwai

Honestly, I do not think I can find a better way to exfoliate my facial skin than the St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. I just keep going back to it, because nothing does it better. My aunt introduced this product to me when I was still in my teens and having serious pimple problems. While it did not solve my pimple problem, the apricot scrub took care of scrubbing off dead skin from my face to reveal and promote new screen growth. I think the real winner in this product is the apricot itself as from research I do not think there is any other fruit that contain any higher levels of vitamin A. Experts also concur that the antioxidant level in apricot is so high that it competes head on with blueberries.

Antioxidants as far as I know rid the body

of the harmful byproducts of oxidation or taking in oxygen. However, I care more about apricot’s superior natural scrubbing properties since I do not think the beneficial effects of such fruit can go as deep as under my skin, unless of course I eat it. Hence, for sheer scrubbing action, I do not think there is any fruit that can beat the apricot. St. Ives, the skin care company is only so smart that it decided to incorporate this ingredient into their facial cleaners.

Through the years, I have seen this product take so many different incarnations. The later versions even incorporate pimple-treatment medication, which is too late for me, since my skin naturally took care of solving my teenage malady. Lately, various versions of this product from the same company also come in inverted tube format that I ...

• think is excellent packaging. It makes it easier for me to squeeze every ounce of goodness from the product. However, if you ask me, I still prefer the big, light orange plastic container, which is wide, has a big mouth, and saves me a lot of time in having to buy a replacement. I also believe that because the sheer thickness of the container protects all the apricot goodness inside, keeping it fresh and unchanged.

My friends always notice it after I have used this product. They used to wonder if I just had a facial, but by now, they know the secret, and my drill. I could see the results instantaneously after scrubbing St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub on my face for a minute or two. In the mirror, I could see that the new skin is

smooth and young looking. Definitely, it is an excellent complement to my skin care regimen. By using it once or twice a week, I find that I am able to maintain its wondrous effect. I also find that using the product this more than that is unhealthy for my facial skin, making it prone to redness or rosacea.

Finally, I do not think that there is any age limit to the effectiveness of this cream. Young or old, it should be able to minimize the development of new wrinkles since apricot scrub is relentless with shedding off dead skin. Although admittedly, skin may shed less the older one gets, it is a continuous process that any one can exploit like I do. From the looks of it, I do not think I will tire of using it, and neither will my skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118011389581231/k2311a0118/1.18.11