Bandridge Phono/ Microphone Pre-Amplifier ASB421  » Electronics  »
  • I don’t have a lot of it but I like to listen to some of them whenever I get the chance
  • In addition, I also kept the speakers which were from the old stereo as I know I could still make use of them
  • The only problem was I had to get the right device to connect them together to the new stereo
  • I think this is enough to be heard in the entire house
  • It is easy to install, works well and does not cost a fortune (about € 35)

• by bethbarl

I threw nearly everything at the recycling center which was part of my old Hi-Fi component. As it consisted of several modules and stacks of playing equipment, I managed to salvage the turntable which was an extra purchase or accessory. My husband has lots of vinyl discs which he has amassed since he was a teenager. I don’t have a lot of it but I like to listen to some of them whenever I get the chance.

In addition, I also kept the speakers which were from the old stereo as I know I could still make use of them. The only problem was I had to get the right device to connect them together to the new stereo.. When I got the new Hi-Fi at the Sony Center, I asked if there was a way I

could still use my turntable. The sales rep recommended that I use Bandridge.

This is a small gadget - more like a blue box with several holes in it. You have to buy the portable audio cable from the same brand or any other brand. The purpose of this device is to convert audio inputs in stereo cartridge or mono mic into stereo phone audio output.

It is easy to connect the Bandridge to your stereo by hooking the device with the appropriate cable. There is a front panel input switch which can be regulated. The device itself has adjustable feet for either vertical or horizontal placements.

The audio output as expected is amplified 2x more. While I am contented with the audio playback of the stereo itself, there are occasions when I need louder music – while ...

• having a party for instance, when you cannot hear the music anymore because of too many people talking at the same time or when I have to move from one room to another like the kitchen. I really did not want to put speakers in each room of the house so that I could listen to music. Amplifying the sound makes more sense and is easier and economical. With this device, I can hear the stereo in any part of the house. It is not a loud noise which is just booming all over the house. It just amplifies the sound twice from its original sound level. I think this is enough to be heard in the entire house. If I do not have a need for it like when I am in the living room
        and listening to music or broadcasts by myself, I can always switch it off. But knowing that I have the possibility to amplify the stereo output is always an advantage. It can be there when I want it and I can push it back when I do not want it.

In addition, by connecting my turntable with this device, my husband can still enjoy listening to his vinyl records. The turntable can be connected through this device using audio cables. In other words, it has a dual function of an amplifier and as a converter.

I have no misgivings recommending this brand of device if you need to amplify the audio output of your stereos, connect a microphone or your turntable to the Hi-Fi. It is easy to install, works well and does not cost a fortune (about € 35).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616011389501031/k2311a0116/1.16.11