Melatonin  » Medicine  »
  • I like them because they are natural and there is not exterior chemicals being introduced into my system

• by squishlette

I first read about Melatonin in one of my health books by Dr. Oz. I heard about it again in my Change your Brain Change your Body reading. It is a supplement that works with your body’s chemistry to promote sleep. It comes in little 5 mg tabs and it says to take one about twenty minutes before bed.

It really makes you sleepy. I like it. The only thing I don’t like is it gives

me really weird and vivid dreams. Like if I had a dream about being in a school corridor, everything would be clearer, I could smell things and it just made me feel wary about what was going to happen in the dream.

But, even with those weird dreams, I keep taking it. It helps me get to sleep, and usually I stay that way. I like them because they are natural and there is not exterior ...

• chemicals being introduced into my system. We already have Melatonin in our bodies; it is what makes us sleepy. We are just enhancing that normal function by taking an extra 5 mg.

I would be very wary of trying to take more than the recommended dose. It feels like it would be really bad for you. Maybe mess up your sleeping patterns and make you sleep all day or more than the recommended eight hours. But

then again, isn’t that what happens when we are sick? Our bodies produce more Melatonin so we will rest so our body can recuperate? It sounds like that would be the case.

You can buy this in a health food store. I get mine from Whole Foods; it was like seven dollars for the bottle. I have not used up my first bottle since I only take it when I feel like I’m not getting enough sleep.

Melatonin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616011389271031/k2311a0116/1.16.11