Kroger Mac N’ Cheese  » Food  »
  • One of the best cures that I've found for a hangover is the carb and cheese combo found in a box of Mac N' Cheese
  • This made me think a little and I think it's fair to say that I'm still making my masterpiece for less than seventy-five cents a box, probably less than fifty

• by Lacy Pearl

One of the best cures that I’ve found for a hangover is the carb and cheese combo found in a box of Mac N’ Cheese. It’s cheap, quick and usually does the job, especially with a bottle of any sports drink at it’s side. Because of this craving and spending my twenties in East Lansing, I have tried almost every kind of Mac N’ Cheese available.

I’m a frugal person and usually keep myself to the store brands of cheaper. At less than forty cents a

box how can you go wrong? I occasionally with a coupon and sale treated myself to Velveeta, but the key word here was occasionally. Because of this the brand you most often find in my pantry is Kroger Mac N’ Cheese. These sometimes sell for less than thirty cents a box.

I am recently married and my husband often makes Mac N’ Cheese as a side dish when it’s his turn to make dinner. I find myself complaining that it doesn’t taste like I make ...

• it. It tastes like cardboard. The powdered cheese isn’t very mixed up, etc. etc.

I helped him with dinner one night and realized it was because he didn’t doctor the cheap stuff up like I did. I add a little extra butter and a slice or two of real cheese, salt and pepper and presto! While it may not taste like my momma’s homemade version, it doesn’t quite taste like a box version either. He brought up the point if you’re gonna

have to add all that extra why not by the better brand? This made me think a little and I think it’s fair to say that I’m still making my masterpiece for less than seventy-five cents a box, probably less than fifty. The better versions are closer to two dollars a box.

So I’ll stick with Kroger brand Mac N’ Cheese because I’m willing to add some extra love to it more than I’m willing to spend a little more on a boxed good at the store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716011389040931/k2311a0116/1.16.11