2006 Chevy Aveo Hatchback  » Cars  »
1.0
  • This car can be purchased for under $10,000, but by the way this car handles and performs, the cost to buy this vehicle should be less than $5,000
  • I've had nothing but problems since I bought this car 2 years ago
  • Since my purchase date, I have had to have the head gasket replaced, PCM module replace, and an on-going issue with the throttle body

• by penniestoadream

The 2006 Chevy Aveo Hatchback is one of the cheapest cars on the market. By cheap, I mean inexpensive and also poorly built. This car can be purchased for under $10,000, but by the way this car handles and performs, the cost to buy this vehicle should be less than $5,000.

I’ve had nothing but problems since I bought this car 2 years ago.

The check engine light came on the day I drove it home, so I was forced to return to the dealership to get immediate repairs.

Since my purchase date, I have had to have the head gasket replaced, PCM module replace, and an on-going issue with the throttle body. The throttle body has been replace 3 times under warranty, and has since started to show the same signs of failure.

This is not a great car, by any means. Although it was advertised to perform at 29mpg in the city, I’d be lucky if I was actually getting 19mpg.

The handling is less than acceptable, as it is a light car, which ends up being pushed easily by gusts of wind and passing transport vehicles. If driven in snowy ...

• 2006 Chevy Aveo Hatchback
      conditions, the Aveo will slide easily and gives very little traction.

This is not a safe vehicle to own. Don’t get sucked in to Chevy’s credibility when making a decision to purchase an Aveo Hatchback.

Chevy had purchased this vehicle and changed the name from Daewoo to Aveo. Cheap is the first thing that comes to mind when ever I hear the word Aveo.

It’s because of this car that I will probably never buy another Chevy product ever again. If you care more about the cost and size than you do about the performance, handling, and safety of a vehicle, than this might be the car for you.

If purchase price isn’t an issue, stay as far away from this car as possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 916011389030931/k2311a0116/1.16.11