Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatballs with Pasta Frozen Entree  » Food  »
  • I wasn’t raised eating Swedish meatballs, but once I tried Lean Cuisine’s recipe I thought they were wonderful
  • I love the way that the beef gravy is flavored with mushrooms and sour cream
  • It’s hard for me to pick what I like best about this dish
  • I think the gravy is what really pulls it all together nicely
  • But they’re still very good in my opinion

• by sarahanne

I wasn’t raised eating Swedish meatballs, but once I tried Lean Cuisine’s recipe I thought they were wonderful! This is a great classic dish combining meatballs made with pork, beef, and oatmeal, mixed with egg noodles and gravy.

I love the way this tastes. There’s something special about the way all of these ingredients and flavors come together. I love the way that the

beef gravy is flavored with mushrooms and sour cream. This dish also contains Worcestershire sauce and garlic and onion flavoring, so all of that goes into it and makes the resulting mixture of tastes really tantalizing. It’s hard for me to pick what I like best about this dish. I think the gravy is what really pulls it all together nicely. The meatballs aren’t as spicy as Italian-style meatballs, for example, and are a little more mild-tasting. But they’re still very good in my opinion. They are nicely sized but I like them so much that I think there are too few of them. The gravy has that great meaty and slightly sour taste, and the noodles provide a great bed for it all. I think ...

• Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatballs with Pasta Frozen Entree
      that anyone who enjoys meatballs will enjoy this basic dish.

The one thing I will say about this frozen entrée is that it’s not the most well-rounded meal. It really doesn’t offer much in terms of vegetable nutrition, obviously. It offers 290 calories, which I think is great for a meatball dish. It also has 8 grams of fat and 3 grams of

saturated fat, which is actually very good for a dish that includes items like red meat and sour cream. It will also provide a good amount of protein at 19 grams. Despite the shortcomings of this dish, I really enjoy it and I appreciate that Lean Cuisine makes these items healthier than they otherwise would be so that people like me can eat them without guilt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716011388970931/k2311a0116/1.16.11