Health King Tea Sugar Controller Herb 20 Bags
1.0
  • Most of them have been of minimal help, but a combination of them together does seem to make a dent in the problem
  • This product is one I tried because I read good reviews, and also because I love tea so anything that’s in a tea form is worth trying for me
  • I was fully aware when I bought this that it would not likely taste like a tea that I normally favor, but I thought I would give it a chance anyway
  • I found it odd that this tea contained something that I had never heard of as being good for blood sugar control, but you never know what will work unless you try it all
  • Unfortunately, the results with and without the tea were almost identical

• by reviewabit

I am diabetic and I have been desperately trying to control my condition without medication or insulin. I have tried many different natural products that claim to help control blood sugar. Most of them have been of minimal help, but a combination of them together does seem to make a dent in the problem. This product is one I tried because I read good reviews, and also because I love tea so anything that’s in a tea form is worth trying for me.

I should add that I am a fan of black teas, and green and white teas to a lesser degree– but I am not the biggest fan of herbal teas. I was fully aware when I bought this that it would not likely taste like a tea that I normally favor, but I thought I would give

it a chance anyway. There have been herbal teas here and there that I liked, on occasion.

When I got the box, I drank this tea three times a day with erythritol as a sweetener, until the box ran out, which was about a week. It is supposed to help maintain blood sugar, sugar in urine, and fat levels in the blood, as well as helping produce “easy bowel movements. ” Oh how fun! It is listed as “blood cleansing.

” It contains mulberry leaf, which is supposed to be the effective ingredient. I found it odd that this tea contained something that I had never heard of as being good for blood sugar control, but you never know what will work unless you try it all. The taste of the tea is not horrible.

It’s ...

• not something I would drink unless it did provide another benefit, but it was at least tolerable so long as it was sweetened. It has more of a plant like, leafy taste than many herbal teas which usually taste fruity. On the days I drank the tea, I was very careful to monitor what I ate and take my blood sugar to see if there was an effect.

At first, the results were mixed, so I decided to try eating the exact same thing at the exact same time on consecutive days to see if that would product duplicate results. After the week was over, before deciding if I wanted to buy another box, I ate the exact same things again, just as before, but without the tea. Unfortunately, the results with and without the tea were almost

identical.

The margin of error did fall on the side of the tea being effective, but it was not significant enough to warrant drinking it three times a day on a regular basis. I got a stronger effect from other supplements than from this tea, which was probably not strong enough to do the job, if it did indeed help. One thing worth mentioning, although it may have very well been coincidence since I also have irritable bowel syndrome, is that twice within the week I was drinking the tea, I developed diarrhea an hour or so after ingesting it.

I do get that sometimes, but this seemed to be a bit out of the usual pattern, so that’s why I suspected the tea. Do I recommend it? Not really. I didn’t see enough of an effect to convince me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415011388550531/k2311a0115/1.15.11