Biore Pore Perfect Deep Cleansing Pore Strips 14 nose strips
  • Recently, I noticed my nose pores looked like they needed a good cleaning out
  • There were several other brands available now too, but I decided to stick with the ones I knew worked from experience
  • I was a little concerned because now my skin is thinner and more sensitive than it was back then, but I thought I was probably safe
  • Since the skin had already had a rough night, I decided to wait until the next week to repeat the process and get to the rest of the pores it missed, rather than waiting just the three days the box recommended
  • That’s the problem with these, as I well remembered

• by reviewabit

A long time ago, when these strips first came on the market, I remember buying them and viewing the junk inside my nose pores with morbid curiosity. Back then I was using them more as a novelty than actually needing them. Recently, I noticed my nose pores looked like they needed a good cleaning out. There were several small blackheads and lots of oily looking deposits around the sides of my nose.

I wondered if the Biore strips were still on the market so I went to look for them and found that they were. There were several other brands available now too, but I decided to stick with the ones I knew worked from experience. As I cleaned and readied myself for the strip, I scrubbed my nose as good as I could without

irritating it, because I remembered the strips could pull quite a bit when you take them off.

I was a little concerned because now my skin is thinner and more sensitive than it was back then, but I thought I was probably safe. I put the wet nose strip on and left it to dry as directed. When it was dry and hard, I very carefully started to peel it off.

I was a bit surprised as it did not seem to have adhered as well as I remembered from using them before. When the strip was off, I inverted it and took a look at the results. As I remembered, the strip’s sticky side contained a little garden of upright pore debris.

It looked a bit like a tiny white mold culture, with some black ...

• areas where it had nabbed the blackheads. It got about two thirds of the nose cleaned out well. I put stringent on my nose to close the pores and found it to burn a little.

Since the skin had already had a rough night, I decided to wait until the next week to repeat the process and get to the rest of the pores it missed, rather than waiting just the three days the box recommended. The next week came, and my nose pores actually looked pretty much like they did before the first strip. That’s the problem with these, as I well remembered.

The effects do not last. The nose pores just fill up again. They are cleaned out by the strip, but not lessened in size, so debris simply fills them in like before.

/> It does have the advantage of getting out blackheads though, with a method that does not require pinching and damaging the skin of your nose to get the job done. For the most part, the process is painless, although sometimes it does irritate the skin a bit. My second attempt got the rest of the blackheads and the new “stuff” that had formed, making another fascinating view of the insides of my pores.

These strips are probably not a good product for someone who has very sensitive skin. The adhesive and the pulling effects can irritate even normal skin. They are good for their intended purpose though– they get that stuff out of your pores, at least temporarily.

And it’s kind of fun to look at in a sick, gross way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415011388400531/k2311a0115/1.15.11