Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil Frozen Entree  » Food  »
  • Their Salmon with Basil Frozen Entrée is an example, in my opinion, of the latter
  • I love the taste of the whole wheat orzo, too, which I’ve had in another of their frozen entrees
  • Orzo is one of my favorite kinds of pasta, and I think the fact that they utilize whole wheat flour in making it is great and makes it taste even better
  • I like the addition of spinach here, too, I think it gives a nice and vibrant taste to the dish
  • Because salmon has a strong taste sometimes pairing it with equally strong flavors (like basil) can be problematic, but after I had eaten some more of it I noticed that I really liked the interplay of the flavors

• by sarahanne

I really like this entrée. I continually find that Lean Cuisine has great offerings and knows how to both make typically “unhealthy” meals healthy, and knows how to make healthy meals taste great that might not otherwise would. Their Salmon with Basil Frozen Entrée is an example, in my opinion, of the latter.

Fans of salmon will really love this entrée. For me, salmon is a flavorful treat, so I appreciate this entrée. Unlike some frozen dinners that

feature beef or poultry as their meats, this salmon is not overly fatty or difficult to eat. It doesn’t come out undercooked, either, when heated, like I’ve experienced with other frozen meals. So I think that’s really a bonus. I also really like the idea that the salmon is wild salmon, which supposedly means it’s less likely to contain mercury.

I love the taste of the whole wheat orzo, too, which I’ve had in another of their frozen ...

• entrees. Orzo is one of my favorite kinds of pasta, and I think the fact that they utilize whole wheat flour in making it is great and makes it taste even better! I like the addition of spinach here, too, I think it gives a nice and vibrant taste to the dish. The basil sauce struck me as a little strong, and people who don’t like basil will probably not enjoy it at all, for obvious reasons. Because
        salmon has a strong taste sometimes pairing it with equally strong flavors (like basil) can be problematic, but after I had eaten some more of it I noticed that I really liked the interplay of the flavors. They seem to work well rather than clash.

Another plus is that there are only 220 calories in this dish and only 6 grams of fat. The salmon also provides a lot of good fat, too, which I think is a good thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714011387160631/k2311a0114/1.14.11