Pop n Hop - Childrens Board Game  » Games  »
  • I only paid 50p for it so I wasn’t too bothered whether it was nay good, but i thought it would be a good stocking filler for my son at that price even if we only played it once
  • My son is 6 and quite bright for his age and I think he has done well to pick up this game so quickly

• by JustHonest

At my sons school, Christmas Fayre I recently purchased a board game called Pop n Hop. I only paid 50p for it so I wasn’t too bothered whether it was nay good, but i thought it would be a good stocking filler for my son at that price even if we only played it once.

We have actually played it lots and we are only just out of Christmas. The essence of the game is

that you can have 4 players, each player would have 3 pegs and a ghost and you have to try and get all your pegs around the board without another players ghost landing on you and sending all your pegs back to where you started.

The die is in the middle and is in one of those contraptions where you push a plastic dome down and watch the die pop onto the number, hence the name Pop n Hop.

We thought the game was great and like I say we have already had plenty of fun out of this. It does say on the box that it is for 4 plus years. I would disagree with this. My son is 6 and quite bright for his age and I think he has done well to pick up this game so quickly. I have since seen some newer versions of this ...

• Pop n Hop - Childrens Board Game
      game with 6 plus on which I think is more appropriate.

We have not played the game with 4 players yet and im not sure I would want to. With my son we can have a relatively quick game, but each time we have played with 3 players we have been there for a good hour.

I do really like playing it, but I do wonder if it might need a little more though. It’s ok

when you play with kids as you can try and throw the game a little bit so that someone can win, if you got 4 people playing on this game who were a bit older and really wanted to win then you could be here all day.

If you can pick it up at the right price though, it’s a game that can provide lots of fund, just don’t expect to be done in 10 minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2814011387090631/k2311a0114/1.14.11