Simpsons TV Episode: Midnight Tow Boy  » TV  »
  • The only problem is, he becomes a bit too good at it and ends up upsetting the population of Springfield
  • However, the best part of this episode, in my opinion, was the side story involving Maggie
  • Marge got tired of Maggie being so clingy only to regret it when she gets help and Maggie becomes independent
  • I know I'm glad I had a chance to finally see it

• by Review Vigilante

I finally got home and settled in time last night to watch a re-run of the Simpsons with my kids. This had been the first time in several days I was able to do that and I was really looking forward to it. At the same time, I was hoping they would air an episode I hadn’t seen before; or, at very least, had not seen 100 times before.

Fortunately for me, that was the case and they aired a new episode (for me at least) called Midnight Tow Boy. And, I have to say I loved it.

I’ll start out with summarizing the main plot for you. Homer

has to go searching for milk after the bottle they have in the fridge breaks (I didn’t know they even still sold milk in glass bottles).

Since there isn’t any in Springfield or any of the neighboring towns, he winds up in Guidopolis, a town that is full of stereotypical Italians. When his car gets towed and he talks to the driver on the way to the impound, he decides he wants to become a tow truck driver too.

The only problem is, he becomes a bit too good at it and ends up upsetting the population of Springfield. There were a couple things I loved about this episode.

...

• First of all, I love how everyone in Springfield decides to take revenge on Homer (the end result is he is kidnapped by the original tow truck driver and locked in his basement); only to discover that, without someone enforcing the parking laws, they wind up in a town full of parking chaos. And, of course, the episode stretches this even further by having everyone from the train conductor to the Duff Blimp driver getting involved in the mess.

I kept wondering what would happen next and the episode did not disappoint me. However, the best part of this episode, in my opinion, was the side story involving Maggie.

In many ways, it reminded me a bit of us and our kids. Marge got tired of Maggie being so clingy only to regret it when she gets help and Maggie becomes independent.

I loved this part mostly because of how it ends up tying into the main story when Maggie decides to search for her father and ultimately ends up rescuing him. I thought it was fantastic a child her age would do that (I have a feeling she’ll be as smart as Lisa if and when she finally grows up).

If you have not seen this episode, I would recommend watching it. I know I’m glad I had a chance to finally see it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1012011386770431/k2311a0112/1.12.11