Forrelli Snack Crackers  » Food  »
1.5
  • I bought this product a couple months ago for $1 because, at the time, I had bought a meat and cheese tray from the deli and thought the crackers would go good with that
  • At first, I thought it was because I had them in my desk too long
  • They got the shape right but, when it came to taste, they definitely missed something
  • I think part of the problem is the crackers don’t have a lot of salt on them and, as a result of that, are kind of tasteless
  • If you are looking for a snack cracker, I would recommend spending more money and buying the higher quality Ritz crackers instead or, at very least, a better knock-off version of that brand

• by Review Vigilante

Money has been a bit tight and, since I used the last of my money to put some gas in my car this morning, I wasn’t able to buy any sort of snack for my desk at work. Since I skipped breakfast again (something that happens whenever my youngest daughter gets up at the same time I do), I was pretty hungry when I got there and ended up digging around trying to find something to hold me over until lunch. That’s when I came across a box of Forrelli Snack Crackers.

I bought this product a couple months ago for $1

because, at the time, I had bought a meat and cheese tray from the deli and thought the crackers would go good with that. However, since that time, the crackers have been sitting in my desk pretty much forgotten about.

After trying them again today, I now remember why they have been sitting uneaten for so long. First of all, these crackers were very stale.

At first, I thought it was because I had them in my desk too long. But, I checked the box and they aren’t supposed to expire for another six months so that is not the case; especially ...

• since two of the packs inside were still wrapped.

This was a bit disappointing to me because there is nothing worse than a stale snack cracker. Well, actually, that isn’t totally true.

There is something worse; stale snack crackers that don’t taste that good to begin with. These are supposed to be similar to Ritz crackers both in shape and in taste.

They got the shape right but, when it came to taste, they definitely missed something. I think part of the problem is the crackers don’t have a lot of salt on them and, as a result of that, are kind

of tasteless.

In fact, not only do they taste pretty bad, they leave an even worse after taste in my mouth after eating them. I have never been so thirsty before after eating a cracker that didn’t have much salt on it.

Needless to say, I do not recommend this product. I might have found them for a very affordable price, but there was definitely a reason for them being so cheap in the first place.

If you are looking for a snack cracker, I would recommend spending more money and buying the higher quality Ritz crackers instead or, at very least, a better knock-off version of that brand.

milrobb says :

re : They got the shape right but, when it came to taste, they definitely missed something
    These crackers are awful, they taste stale…they are a heavier cracker than Saltines and not as crispy. They also have hardly any salt. They are tasteless. Only good to toss in soup, otherwise..blahhhh

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011386680431/k2311a0112/1.12.11