Applebee’s  » Restaurants  »
2.5
499 North Service Road, Patchogue New York 11772
  • He chose a seasonal Sam Adams which he enjoyed
  • The dip was somewhat reasonably priced at $9.00.  When my entree came, I was not only disappointed but disgusted
  • However, after the experience of biting into a frozen, ice cold chicken sandwich I kind of lost my appetite and was unable to enjoy the fresh one they prepared for me
  • The dessert was truly delicious and for the $7 I paid for it, I was glad it was
  • I think the only time Applebee's is a great value is after 10 pm when they offer half priced appetizers and two for one drinks

• by Violet

Applebees is a ridiculously popular chain restaurant that serves traditional American food such as chicken wings and burgers. I work in the restaurant industry and considering the fact that the numbers prove Applebees to be one of the only restaurants currently earning significant quarterly profits, you would expect it to be a top notch facility. However, I have eaten at Applebees several times, each time expecting it to be better than the last disappointing trip. However, each and every time Applebee’s proves itself to be a disappointment.

During my last trip to Applebee’s, I started off with a margarita from their extensive drink menu. I wanted a traditional margarita, but the waitress kept asking me what flavor I wanted. When I persisted that I wanted a traditional margarita, she seemed puzzled and walked away. I ended up getting my

margarita and it was decent, yet it was weak and not worth the $10 it costs. My boyfriend ordered a beer and he was pleased with their large selection of beers both on top as well as by the bottle. He chose a seasonal Sam Adams which he enjoyed. Applebee’s allows you to make your beer “brewtus” sized for an additional 0.75, which is actually a pretty good deal.

For an appetizer, we went with the spinach and artichoke dip which was a safe choice. I enjoyed the dip which consists of spinach and artichoke in a creamy white cheese sauce served with corn tortilla chips. However, you can tell that the dip is not made on the premises and rather comes pre-made in a bag and is simply heated up. My friends who work at Applebee’s have been ...

• able to confirm this. All of their soups come this way as well which is a disappointment. The dip was somewhat reasonably priced at $9.00.

When my entree came, I was not only disappointed but disgusted. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich due to the fact that I figured it would be incredibly hard for Applebee’s to really mess up a grilled chicken sandwich. However, when I bit into my sandwich I nearly vomited. The inside of my sandwich was ice cold. I could not believe it. I sent the sandwich back and they made me a fresh one free of charge. However, after the experience of biting into a frozen, ice cold chicken sandwich I kind of lost my appetite and was unable to enjoy the fresh one they prepared for me.

One thing Applebee’s does well is their

desserts. For dessert I had the famous Applebee’s triple chocolate meltdown which is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate sauce, served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream. The dessert was truly delicious and for the $7 I paid for it, I was glad it was. I think $7 is slightly high for a dessert. However, it was good and it was rather large.

Dining at Applebee’s seems to always be a disappointment for me. I think the only time Applebee’s is a great value is after 10 pm when they offer half priced appetizers and two for one drinks. After 10 PM, all of the appetizers are served half price and all of the basic drinks and tap beers are two for one. However, for dinner there are just so many other places to go that serve much better food.

Applebee's

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712011386650431/k2311a0112/1.12.11