Harvey Allen Salon  » General services  »
539 Main Street, Islip New York 11751
  • The girl that shampooed my hair definitely knew what she was doing and she did a wonderful job
  • Christie not only did a wonderful job, but she made me really enjoy the entire experience
  • However, she cut my hair so well that even after I washed it and styled it on my own it still looked amazing
  • This was the best experience I have ever had at a salon and I received the best cut ever

• by Violet

Harvey Allen Salon

I have had my hair cut everywhere and I fell as if I am constantly searching for the perfect salon. My Aunt recommended Harvey Allen Salon and I am so glad she did, I finally found the perfect salon where I will be having my hair cut on a regular basis. This salon is located right on Main Street in Islip. There is no designated parking lot but it was relatively easy to find a parking spot on the street right out front.

When I entered this salon, I must admit I was very impressed by the interior decor of this place. This salon has evidently been recently renovated and they obviously went all out. The waiting area is gorgeous, equipped with the most comfortable of seats and plenty of new magazines to read, not the old ones you find at most salons. While I was waiting, a staff member actually approached me and checked me in, I did not have to go to the front desk to check in like you do at most salons. She even asked me if I wanted anything to drink or eat. I told her that a hot cup of tea would be

great and I was surprised by the fact that they had a variety of teas of which I chose green.

I did not have to wait more than ten minutes. Shortly after my arrival, I was in a chair having my hair shampooed. Everyone that works at this salon is highly qualified, even the girls that shampoo your hair. This became evident when I began to feel as if I was having a high class massage performed on my scalp. The girl that shampooed my hair definitely knew what she was doing and she did a wonderful job. She really worked her fingers into my scalp and got my hair very clean. The products that they use are of the highest quality. Even before I had my hair cut, it already looked healthier and better due to the wonderful products they used to wash it.

I had my hair cut by Christie on my Aunt’s recommendation. Christie could not have been more friendly or more talented at what she does. She made sure she knew exactly what I wanted prior to beginning and she asked the most detailed questions in order to ensure she got it exactly right. I explained to her ...

• that I wanted 3 inches taken off, angled with long layers. She knew exactly what I was talking about and even showed me photos of the hair cut I has just described in order to make sure she got it exactly right. I was so surprised that she really, really took her time and did not seem to be rushing at all. Most salons want to get you in and out and get someone else in the chair in order to maximize profits. Harvey Allen salon is more concerned with ensuring that they please each and every client so that everyone returns. Christie not only did a wonderful job, but she made me really enjoy the entire experience. She was so friendly and made nice conversation with me the entire time she was at work cutting my hair. She really went out of her way in order to make sure I felt completely comfortable. She showed me and explained to me all of the products that she used on my hair, but she did not pressure me to buy any of them which I really liked.

Christie at Harvey Allen Salon gave me the best haircut I have ever received. She

really took her time cutting and blowing out my hair. My hair looked so great when she was done that I did not want to wash my hair for days because I did not want to ruin what she had done. However, she cut my hair so well that even after I washed it and styled it on my own it still looked amazing. She even gave me a coupon for $5 off my next haircut and $10 off color. This was the best experience I have ever had at a salon and I received the best cut ever. I have gotten so many compliments on my haircut and I cannot wait until my hair grows just so that I can go back! This is a high scale salon, but the prices are still reasonable. The price for a wash, cut and blow dry vary slightly depending on the stylist that does it but the price ranges from $40 - $50. This is a full service salon and they do it all from cuts to color to professional straightening. I really felt so comfortable here because the staff seemed to really care and the atmosphere was wonderful. I cannot wait to go back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2512011386550331/k2311a0112/1.12.11