The Fifth Season dining  » Restaurants  »
34 East Broadway, Port Jefferson New York 11777
  • The view is absolutely lovely and I really enjoyed watching the boats come in and out of the harbor and all of the bustling tourists walking by
  • I recommend having a reservation especially on the weekends and for dinner
  • For brunch I chose the crab and corn omlette which was delicious, served with plenty of sweet crab meat and fresh corn right off the cob
  • Speaking as a lobster bisque fanatic I can state with confidence that the Fifth Season served the best lobster bisque available on Long Island
  • The drink menu is rather interesting and I recommend either the cucumber martini or the watermelon mojito, each of which are served strong and delicious

• by Violet

The Fifth Season is a fine dining establishment located right in the heart of Port Jefferson, NY. The location of this establishment really is ideal, located right across the street from the Port Jefferson harbor. The view is absolutely lovely and I really enjoyed watching the boats come in and out of the harbor and all of the bustling tourists walking by. The Fifth Season is without a doubt the classiest restaurant located in Port Jefferson. I enjoyed the notion that even though this restaurant is located right on Broadway, there is a private parking lot located directly behind the establishment. They always have a live band playing for dinner that plays nice jazz music. I recommend having a reservation especially on the weekends and for dinner. However, if you want to sit outside, the outdoor seating is available at a first come first serve basis and reservations are not taken.

The Fifth Season has an excellent Sunday brunch as well as

a prix fixe menu for those that are looking to dine at a fine, classy restaurant but don’t want to spend too much. For brunch I chose the crab and corn omlette which was delicious, served with plenty of sweet crab meat and fresh corn right off the cob. This dish was not bad considering the price of only $12. Second, I got the filet mignon sandwich which was wonderful as well, served with tender pink filet mignon, gooey melted cheese and mushrooms served on a fresh french roll. The brunch was very affordable considering the high quality of the food and ambiance. Brunch for two people costs under fifty dollars.

The prix fixe menu is a good option if you want fine food at a classy restaurant for a reasonable price. The prix fixe menu comes with a glass of house wine, soup or salad, an entree and a dessert. I had a glass of house pinot noir which was good.

• The Fifth Season serves organic, locally grown produce so I recommend opting for the salad option. My salad was served with delicious, crunch fresh organic greens drizzled with a light, sweet vinagrette. My entree was tomato ravioli which tasted good but was rather forgettable. The dessert options that come with the prix fixe dinner are pretty memorable however. I chose the blueberry and peach topped corncake which is served with a honey vanilla gelato. This dessert was absolutely delicious and I would go again just for the dessert. The mango cheesecake which my boyfriend chose was wonderful as well and I am not even a cheesecake person yet I loved it nonetheless.

The presentation of the food at the Fifth Season is excellent and reminds diners of the fact that this is a high scale establishment. The food is described as New American/ French Mediteranean. If you don’t mind spending top dollar and don’t choose the prix fixe menu, I highly recommend

the tuna tar tare appetizer which is adventurous looking with subtle, delicious flavors. For an entree, I recommend the sea scallops which are served with orzo, creamy risotto topped with bits of lobster and peas. The sea scallops could not be more delicious and they are cooked to perfection. Also, you must try the lobster bisque. Speaking as a lobster bisque fanatic I can state with confidence that the Fifth Season served the best lobster bisque available on Long Island. The prices are rather high, but you get what you pay for and in this case you are paying for an elegant atmosphere and deliciously prepared food served with excellent presentation by a highly competent waitstaff. The drink menu is rather interesting and I recommend either the cucumber martini or the watermelon mojito, each of which are served strong and delicious. Expect to pay around $100 for dinner for two. I recommend the Fifth Season for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712011386530331/k2311a0112/1.12.11