Joe’s Pizza  » Restaurants  »
346 Union Avenue, Holbrook, New York 11741
  • I have been eating at Joe's Pizza in Holbrook, NY since I was a small child and I enjoy their food as much today as I did fifteen years ago
  • My favorite dish is their chicken parmigiania, which is served with tons of gooey mozzarella cheese on top and delicious fresh tasting homemade tomato sauce
  • The portions are so large you'll definitely be leaving with leftovers
  • The penne alla vodka with meat sauce is delicious and I believe it to be the best available
  • I highly recommend Joe's for excellent pizza and fine Italian cuisine

• by violet

I have been eating at Joe’s Pizza in Holbrook, NY since I was a small child and I enjoy their food as much today as I did fifteen years ago. This establishment is split between a fine dining Italian restaurant and a pizzeria. The dining area is somewhat small and offers only about fifteen tables. Therefore the formal dining room feels very cozy and intimate. The fact that Joe’s Pizza is divided between a pizzeria and a fine Italian restaurant makes the restaurant feel slightly less formal than intended, which I enjoy because it allows me to feel comfortable dining there in jeans and a T shirt.

The food at Joe’s is reasonably priced fine Italian cuisine. It must be good since my family and I have been dining there for over fifteen years. My Aunt and Uncle moved to North Carolina and every time they are in NY, they make sure they get to eat at Joe’s. My favorite dish is their chicken parmigiania, which is served with tons of

gooey mozzarella cheese on top and delicious fresh tasting homemade tomato sauce. This dish goes for approximately ten dollars, which is a reasonable price considering the quality and ample portion size. The portions are so large you’ll definitely be leaving with leftovers. Another great dish at Joe’s is their chicken marsala which is made with the tenderest of chicken and very flavorful. This dish is $12 which is again, very reasonable.

Basically every dish at Joe’s is absolutely delicious, yet in addition to the chicken marsala and chicken parmigiania, I have to comment on the high quality of the penne all a vodka which is available with or without meat according to your preference. The penne alla vodka with meat sauce is delicious and I believe it to be the best available. I dated an Italian guy whose mother made great penne all a vodka but I must admit it was not nearly as good as Joe’s. The sauce is a rich, beautiful orange color and tastes even better than ...

• it looks, if that is possible. The baked ravioli at Joe’s is an excellent choice as well and is again, very reasonably priced at $10.

Saviano’s also has different specials every night which come with a choice of soup or salad.

As far as beers, they have the traditional Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Light selection. The wine list is rather impressive and extensive and I recommend the Cabernet which goes wonderfully with any pasta dish served with tomato sauce. The wait staff at Joe’s is very knowledgeable in regard to the extensive menu as well as the extensive wine list. If you don’t know much about wines, ask your server to recommend a wine to go with your dinner entree. The last time my boyfriend and I did this we were very pleased with the wine our server suggested. Joe’s also has excellent desserts, my favorite is the cheesecake. The zeppolis and the cannolis are excellent as well.

As I stated earlier, Joe’s is divided between a fine dining Italian

restaurant and a pizzeria. The Italian restaurant is a wonderful option but this place is known for their great pizza as well. The pizza at Joe’s always takes fresh and is topped with tons of gooey mozzarella cheese and fresh, sweet tomato sauce. They also have an extensive list of specialty pies, all of which are delicious. I particularly recommend the Buffalo Chicken pie which is served with large chunks of spicy buffalo chicken and tangy blue cheese dressing.

Joe’s is a great Italian restaurant that serves delicious, authentic tasting Italian food. The prices could not be more reasonable. Everything is homemade, including the salad dressings and soups which is a great benefit. I recommend the minestrone soup which is delicious and hearty. I also appreciate the fact that it is a fine dining establishment and it is clean and presentable looking, yet it does not feel too formal or pretentious due to the fact that the pizzeria is right there. I highly recommend Joe’s for excellent pizza and fine Italian cuisine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712011386480331/k2311a0112/1.12.11