Avon Ideal Shade Foundation
  • She said that it would usually cost £10 (Around $15.00) but she had a special offer where I could buy the foundation and a brush for the same price, so I ordered it and waited anxiously
  • My foundation arrived and I was initially a little disappointed
  • I decided to leave it for a few moments and it sunk in to my skin nicely and gave an even, well blended coverage
  • I'm yet to experience a day where I reach the point where my face becomes shiny
  • Considering I paid around £5 (around $7.50) for this foundation it is of a very good standard

• by Laura Mckeever

As someone with olive skin I have struggled to find a foundation that doesn’t look shiny and oily half way through the day. I’ve tried many expensive brands, eventually finding a foundation that would leave me £30 (around $45) out of pocket each time I used it. As a mum to two children and a student I can’t really justify spending that amount of cash on a foundation, so I continued looking for one that was more ‘budget’.

I stumbled across Avon’s Ideal Shades foundation a couple of weeks ago when my local Avon representative

recommended it to me. She said that it would usually cost £10 (Around $15) but she had a special offer where I could buy the foundation and a brush for the same price, so I ordered it and waited anxiously.

My foundation arrived and I was initially a little disappointed. When I first applied it, it looked a little shiny and I wasn’t sure how well my powder would rest on it.

I decided to leave it for a few moments and it sunk in to my skin nicely and gave an even, well blended ...

• coverage. It was practically scentless, which was an added bonus.

Throughout the day this foundation lasts well. I’m yet to experience a day where I reach the point where my face becomes shiny.

I’ve even worn this foundation to an aerobics class and it has battled well against my post-work out sweat. This foundation does work very well with a primer and concealer, but when I have been in a rush and applied the foundation without these things it has given fantastic coverage by itself.

The only downside to this foundation

is the packaging. It comes in an attractive looking glass bottle, that looks almost designer, however I have to bang the foundation against my hand several times in order to get it to come out.

I can imagine that will become quite tiresome when I am getting towards the end of the bottle. Over all I am very impressed.

Considering I paid around £5 (around $7. 50) for this foundation it is of a very good standard.

I would be prepared to pay the full price for this foundation and when I reach the end of my bottle I will be buying it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112011386430331/k2311a0112/1.12.11