Movie: Castle of the Walking Dead  » Movies  »
0.5
  • But, it had Christopher Lee in it and sounded somewhat interesting so I decided to give it a try

• by Review Vigilante

A few days ago, I was looking at new movies available for watch on our Netflix Instant Watch service and came across an older movie called Castle of the Walking Dead. I had never heard of this movie before. But, it had Christopher Lee in it and sounded somewhat interesting so I decided to give it a try.

It turned out to be an awful

movie. As I mentioned before, the plot sounded somewhat promising.

Basically, there is an evil count who is caught murdering people and, as a result, is executed by being drawn and quartered with horses (that scene took forever by the way and they didn’t even show anything. Roughly 35 years later, he returns from the dead and tries to victimize a group of travelers he has invited to his castle.

While promising, the execution of the movie was absolutely terrible. First of all, more than half of the film featured the people traveling to the castle.

I’m sorry, but I would much rather watch someone get killed or escape being killed than asking a dozen or so people for directions (yes, that really did happen in the movie). Probably the ...

• Movie: Castle of the Walking Dead
      only creepy part of this entire movie was the forest they were traveling in.

That forest had dozens of dead bodies scattered around it. However, that part actually ended up being surprisingly comical because the bodies didn’t scare the driver but a crow did.

And, I’m sorry, but if I was traveling in an area that allowed dead bodies to be hung for years from

trees, I probably would find a way to turn back and that has nothing to do with the bad guy. Once we did get to something that actually had some action, that part of the movie was a little too predictable and, overall, I felt like I wasted my time watching it.

I was expecting a surprisingly scary movie and got a snore fest instead. Do not watch this movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112011386250331/k2311a0112/1.12.11