Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli Frozen Entree
  • I think this is a wonderful and unique frozen entrée, first of all
  • I love the idea of using butternut squash as a ravioli filling
  • I thought the addition of walnuts was a wonderful innovation that added a fantastic crunch that worked very nicely with the velvety sauce and soft ravioli

• by sarahanne

I think this is a wonderful and unique frozen entrée, first of all. I love the idea of using butternut squash as a ravioli filling. With this dish, these ravioli are mixed with walnuts, peas, carrots, and cream sauce. It seemed like a wonderful mixture of tastes and textures, so I purchased it.

After tasting it, I can honestly say it is one of my favorite Lean Cuisine entrees. The sweetness of

the butternut squash came out nicely when contrasted against the bland ravioli. I also really liked the cream sauce, which is saying a lot because I’m sort of picky about my cream sauces. They often have to be mild and very mellow in order for me to like them, not strongly flavored. This one worked perfectly with the other ingredients because it didn’t interfere with the other tastes of the dish. I ...

• also enjoyed the vegetables and nuts. I thought the addition of walnuts was a wonderful innovation that added a fantastic crunch that worked very nicely with the velvety sauce and soft ravioli. The peas and carrots provided their own mild tender crunch as well. Overall, I thought this ravioli dish was delightful! It’s the kind of food you would get in a fancy restaurant.

One of the greatest things about this dish

was that it only provides 270 calories and 2 grams of saturated fat. Even if you ordered this kind of dish in a restaurant, it’s unlikely it would match this frozen entrée in terms of its ability to be friendly to your waistline! So overall I really like this and actually can’t find any reason not to try it again. I hope Lean Cuisine continues to make more inventive dishes like these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011386190331/k2311a0112/1.12.11