Lean Cuisine Deluxe Frozen Pizza  » Food  »
  • I like a lot of toppings on my pizza, so I was drawn to this pizza, which is labeled “Deluxe”, and contains lots of flavorful ingredients
  • I think the sausage and pepperoni are delicious, the sausage being nice and spicy and appropriately greasy, and the pepperoni being tasty as well (though not nearly as crisp as the best kind is)
  • The combination really works well in my opinion

• by sarahanne

I like a lot of toppings on my pizza, so I was drawn to this pizza, which is labeled “Deluxe”, and contains lots of flavorful ingredients. These include meats like sausage and pepperoni, and vegetables like peppers, mushrooms, and onions. I think the sausage and pepperoni are delicious, the sausage being nice and spicy and appropriately greasy, and the pepperoni being tasty as well (though not nearly as crisp as the best

kind is). The roasted peppers and mushrooms add a nice texture and flavor, too, though I’m not as crazy about the onions. They taste a little too strong, and I think I would really have liked it better if these had been roasted along with the peppers, or perhaps at least sautéed or grilled to cut down on the pungency.

The cheese is pretty good, too. Typically Lean Cuisine pizzas combine reduced-fat ...

• mozzarella with Parmesan, Asiago, and Romano cheese, which are sharper and stronger flavored. Normally I hate reduced fat cheese because it just isn’t the same and doesn’t taste right, but I think combining it with cheese that has these stronger flavors makes the overall taste much more acceptable. The combination really works well in my opinion.

This pizza only has 340 calories, which is a great number for a personal pizza. It

also has only 2 grams of saturated fat, offers 9 percent of the daily value of potassium and contains 17 grams of protein and 4 grams of dietary fiber. Because of the meats that it’s covered with, it’s not the absolute healthiest thing you can choose, but if you need to indulge, I think this is a good bet, at least better for you than what you can get from your local pizzeria.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011386170331/k2311a0112/1.12.11