Lean Cuisine Philly-Style Steak and Cheese Panini
  • I’ve never had an actual Philly cheese steak, but I’ve always wanted to try one, and I thought this might be the closest I could come for a while
  • I did have a bit of an issue with the beefsteak included in this sandwich
  • So I think if I buy this again I will probably take the pieces out that seem too fatty before eating it so that I can enjoy it more
  • One of these panini sandwiches provides 320 calories, and only 3 grams of saturated fat, which is really pretty amazing given what it contains

• by sarahanne

I couldn’t resist trying this frozen panini when I saw it in the supermarket. I’ve never had an actual Philly cheese steak, but I’ve always wanted to try one, and I thought this might be the closest I could come for a while.

This panini takes steak and combines it with roasted onions and peppers and adds a cheese sauce on top of sourdough bread. It seems like a good approximation of a

real Philly cheese steak. I loved the sour dough bread, first of all! It had a nice toasty and slightly sour flavor. I thought it was really good! I also really loved the texture of the peppers and onions and the slight crunch these vegetables lent to the sandwich. The cheese sauce was quite good, too, even though it was made from reduced fat cheese, which I don’t normally like. But it’s also ...

• flavored with cheddar, Parmesan and Romano cheese, which may make a difference in the taste.

I did have a bit of an issue with the beefsteak included in this sandwich. It was just a little too fatty for me to enjoy. I had to keep chewing it and there were pieces that contained too much fat that I simply couldn’t eat. So I think if I buy this again I will probably take

the pieces out that seem too fatty before eating it so that I can enjoy it more.

One of these panini sandwiches provides 320 calories, and only 3 grams of saturated fat, which is really pretty amazing given what it contains. It’s a good source of potassium and protein as well. I just really like that even those who are trying to watch their weight can eat sandwiches like these that would otherwise be off-limits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011386160331/k2311a0112/1.12.11