“Battle of the Bulbs” (2010 Film)  » Movies  »
2.0
  • The film lacked a decent plot I believe, and didn’t really appeal to me and get me into the Christmas spirit
  • They compete to try and win a cash prize by creating the best Christmas light display on the street
  • I would not recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good holiday film that really gets inside of us to spark the holiday spirit we are all supposed to feel around the wintery months of December

• by Susanna Frank

While I am a fan of holiday films, I am sorry to say that the 2010 Hallmark channel film, “Battle of the Bulbs” was not one that I would wish to watch again. The film lacked a decent plot I believe, and didn’t really appeal to me and get me into the Christmas spirit.

This film is about neighbors, who were best friends in high school turned rivals in college and now find each other living on the same street.

They compete to try and win a cash prize by creating the best Christmas light display on the street. One family has a daughter, and the other family has a son, and the two of them begin to like one another and form a relationship, which their parents of course do not approve of. In the end, they decide to help an elderly woman who has been late on her taxes and is in jeopardy of being evicted from ...

• her home.

True, I cannot deny that the ending was very sweet, but none of it seemed very believable. The way that scenes jumped from one thing to the next, it seemed rushed almost, like things had to fit within a certain time frame. And the idea of two ex-best friends fighting against each other to try and win a cash prize, was not very entertaining to me. The entire movie was spent with the two men going back and

forth about what they didn’t like about each other, while the children went out to try and have a normal high school relationship with one another. At the end of the movie, I was sorry to say, that I was glad it was over.

I would not recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a good holiday film that really gets inside of us to spark the holiday spirit we are all supposed to feel around the wintery months of December.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112011386140331/k2311a0112/1.12.11