Great Value Kitchen Garbage Bags  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • In an effort to cut back on expenses, I do my best to avoid replacing a garbage bag until the one that is in the can is filled to the point it can’t hold any more

• by Review Vigilante

A few weeks ago, we ran out of garbage bags so, when my wife went to the store, I asked her to pick up some. She ended up coming home with a box of Great Value Kitchen Garbage Bags.

When she told me what she paid for them, I could understand why she decided to buy this brand.

They were considerably cheaper than the other brands that are out there and there were more bags inside the box.

However, after using them for the past few weeks, I can honestly say they don’t even come close to being as good as the other brands in terms of quality.

We have two young kids and, as a result, we go through a lot of garbage bags; especially when it comes to the youngest; who is still in diapers.

In an effort to cut back on expenses, I do my best to avoid replacing a garbage bag until ...

• the one that is in the can is filled to the point it can’t hold any more.

This is even true on garbage day, when I will go out of my way to find garbage so I’m not throwing out a half empty bag.

Because of this, I need garbage bags that are strong enough to hold a lot of trash at once.

That description does not fit these bags.

Even when they aren’t as full as I

usually have garbage bags, the plastic on these is already starting to rip.

In fact, when it comes to my daughter’s diapers, I usually have to carry the can in her room to the garbage bin just so I don’t end up with dirty diapers on our floor.

In other words, if you are shopping on price, these are a nice budget brand.

But, if you have a lot of garbage, you are better off spending a bit more money on a better brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5312011386100331/k2311a0112/1.12.11