Dove Unscented Anti-Perspirant Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • According to packaging, it is a beauty deodorant proven to improve the look and feel of underarm skin which is definitely right
  • Whenever I use it, my underarm skin becomes soft and smooth, that I like touching and feeling it

• by autumndreamer

I have been relying on deodorants and antiperspirants ever since I reached puberty. Without it, I would smell really bad, like onions. And I sweat a lot so it is really embarrassing if I sweat in the underarms and my shirt gets wet. I tried Dove Unscented Anti-antiperspirant Deodorant. It is so cheap it costs only a dollar and weighs 20 grams. And pretty much available in every store. It is easy to find. It has a dial at the base which you can turn clockwise so the deodorant can emerge upward. Easy to use. It can easily be found as the container is simply pure white and “Dove Unscented” is written on it.

According to packaging, it is a beauty deodorant proven to improve the look and feel of underarm skin which is definitely right. I think that is its main purpose . Since it is 1/4 moisturizer, I really feel it moisturizes my underarm skin. Whenever I use it, my underarm skin

becomes soft and smooth, that I like touching and feeling it. It does not build up on my underarms. It is 0% alcohol. It dissolves and dries in the underarms like a cream. Whenever I use it, I don’t sweat a lot. Sometimes I still sweat in the underarms but not so much. Sometimes I still sweat too much. Its effect on me is not consistent. So it does not really work for me. Sometimes I can still smell my own body odor when I use it.

I tried using it in combination with powder, not mixing it but I put powder on top of the layer of the deodorant. After applying on underarms, I put powder on my underarms. And this combination really works for me! No sweat, no smell at all whole day. Deodorant powder or baby powder, whatever powder, whenever I use this deodorant with powder, it really works for me. Another good thing about this deodorant is that it doesn’t ...

• darken my underarms. When I was using this, it felt like my underarm skin is healthy. It doesn’t feel sticky. It doesn’t cake on the underarms. It works like a lotion to my underarms. But like lotion, it is like it is not meant to control my sweat and body odor. The negatives and positives about this deodorant are mixed. It really makes my underarms feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized. And it doesn’t irritate my skin.

In summary, the pros: it works like a lotion or a moisturizing cream that keeps my underarms soft and really smooth; it does not irritate my skin, no allergies or any negative reaction; it is so cheap! It’s only $1 for 20 grams per container; it is in a medium-sized container that can fit in your pocket or in a small purse, very handy and convenient. About the cons: it does not really work for me. It can work effectively on me only if I use powder with

it. Whenever I use it alone on its own, the deodorizing effect is not consistent. Some days it works, on some days it does not. So that means this deodorant is not enough for my hyperactive sweat glands and strong body odor.

So all in all, I do not blame this deodorant if it doesn’t work for me. It is unscented. Since it is unscented, it really won’t cover my strong body odor. It is not so much effective in preventing sweat too. Maybe for people with just light body odor and for people who don’t sweat too much, it might work. But for people like me who sweat a lot and has a strong body odor, this is absolutely not for you. Good thing I tried using it with a good powder. At least I didn’t throw it away immediately and it was not wasted. But I am not going to buy another one of it again. I will not purchase this again next time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112011386030331/k2311a0112/1.12.11