Nestle Bear Brand Busog Lusog Family Cereal Drink  » Food  »
  • I have grown up with most of Nestle products, and Bear Brand is the milk that I grew up with, and so I thought that was an assurance of quality
  • I did not hesitate to accept a pack of it – much to my regret
  • I cannot in all honesty recommend this as a breakfast meal

• by LaPinay

Nestle Bear Brand launched its Busog Lusog Family Cereal Drink recently and I was given several packets of it. I have grown up with most of Nestle products, and Bear Brand is the milk that I grew up with, and so I thought that was an assurance of quality. I did not hesitate to accept a pack of it – much to my regret.

At least it was free as I choose it as my prize

in one of the contests in our local grocery.

My doctor recommended that I eat cereal everyday to aid my digestion.

When I have no time for a bowl of cereal, I just pick up a cereal drink so that I can drink it in the car. Most of the other cereal drinks, like Nesvita, has enough cereal in it for a breakfast meal.

This Busog Lusog Cereal Drink however did not have enough of the cereal in ...

• it. It tasted more like milk with a little cereal and oats in it.

I even had to look at the bottom of my glass just to make sure that the cereal did not stick to the glass. I drank the Choco flavor and boy, was it ever so sweet! As in diabetic sweet, which of course is not healthy.

The cereal and oats that were mixed in the chocolate flavored cereal drink were a bit gritty

for my taste. It certainly did not satisfy me because just thirty minutes after drinking it I was craving for breakfast.

I was in the middle of a Monday morning meeting with no breakfast served, and I sat there wondering whether my seatmate could hear my stomach grumbling (he did, he told me so after the meeting). I cannot in all honesty recommend this as a breakfast meal.

It can however be a supplement to a breakfast.

Grecy says :

We have the same experience with Nestle Busog Lusog. I am loyal to Nesvita and still I am. I tried this product too when Nesvita is not available at Mercury Drug convenient store. You are right, there are lots of milk than cereal. It supposed to be more cereal and less milk. Milk is there just to add to the taste, you know to make it look whiter and sweeter. It did tastes good but if one love to have cereal more, then they need to buy Nesvita, not this one. It also makes me starve to death. I thought it will save me for one meal, like I will have this for breakfast, i don’t need to eat lunch, but it is not. You can have it as a sweet snack alone but on its way to saving you from starving is a wrong idea.

Ramonito Pinero says :

re : I have grown up with most of Nestle products, and Bear Brand is the milk that I grew up with, and so I thought that was an assurance of quality
    My 10 year old son is a picky eater.
    He maintained Bear Brand lusog busog cereal for almost 4 years. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. He grows healthier compared to other kids.
    I believe Nestle products. Thank you

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011385450231/k2311a0112/1.12.11