Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin Frozen Dinner

• by sarahanne

This is one of my favorite frozen dinners from Weight Watchers. I haven’t eaten a lot of tuna noodle casseroles, but if I had to pick one version of this dish, one of my favorites would be this frozen meal. It consists of linguine noodles, bits of albacore tuna, peas and cream sauce all mixed together and topped with bread crumbs.

I really like the taste of the bread crumbs when eaten with

the rest of this meal. It has a nice crisp crunch that doesn’t always come through in other frozen meals, mainly because the sauce and the moisture that gets into the food makes it less than crispy. But with this meal I just found there was that perfect crunch. I love the texture! I like that the tuna is albacore, too, because I really don’t like the darker tunas. They look too ...

• much like cat food. Ew! I also really enjoy the cream sauce. I think it has a nice peppery zing to it that I’m not used to, but I appreciate a great deal. It adds that little extra dimension of taste that makes this tuna noodle grain stand out in my opinion. I just really like that this meal is nicely balanced in both texture and taste, with the mild pasta and peppery
        cream sauce complementing the crisp peas and crunchy bread crumb topping nicely.

Like all Weight Watchers meals, this frozen dinner is a healthy choice for someone watching their waistline. It only has 250 calories, 40 of which are from fat. It also has 15 percent of the daily calcium allowance, 10 percent of the daily fiber needs, and contains 14 grams of protein. I recommend anyone who likes tuna casserole to try it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011385440231/k2311a0112/1.12.11