Weight Watchers Smart Ones Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Frozen Dinner
  • I’ve always loved this classic dish and I love trying new versions of it
  • I think that that’s the only kind of pasta sauce that’s even worth eating

• by sarahanne

If there’s one thing I personally have a weakness for, it’s spaghetti with meat sauce. I’ve always loved this classic dish and I love trying new versions of it. In this frozen dinner, it’s paired with lots of flavorful ingredients including onions and flavorful, meaty mushrooms.

I am a mushroom fan, so eating this was heavenly for me. I also really liked that the sauce was not too sweet.

In some frozen

spaghetti meals they put too much extra sugar in the sauce, which makes me turn up my nose at it. I don’t like my meat sauce overly-sweetened.

It detracts too much from the other flavors. But I thought the flavor here was ideal.

It was just zesty enough for my tastes, and I tend to like pasta sauce with a lot of flavor. I think that that’s the only kind of pasta ...

• sauce that’s even worth eating! I also really like that the sauce isn’t too thin in this dish.

It has a great consistency and is easy to eat with the spaghetti, which heats up very nicely with this dish when the directions are followed properly.

For a pasta dish with meat sauce, this frozen dinner is very low in calories.

That can be expected with a Weight Watchers meal, but it’s rare

that a pasta dish can taste as good as this done while still maintaining a low calorie count. In this case, the frozen meal is 290 calories and provides only 5 grams of fat.

It has a lot of vitamin A, too, 30 percent of the daily value required. The amount of fiber in this dish surprised me, which is 5 grams and 21 percent of the daily value.

Spaghetti fans will enjoy this one!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011385420231/k2311a0112/1.12.11