Weight Watchers Smart Ones Shrimp Marinara Frozen Dinner  » Food  »
  • I love shrimp, and I think you have to enjoy shrimp to like this one
  • I like that it isn’t overpowering, however, letting the pasta and shrimp stand on their own
  • The one thing I have to say is I think this dish needs more shrimp
  • Another thing that I have noticed is that sometimes the shrimp doesn’t cook evenly when I heat this up
  • So it definitely is healthy and great for anyone who doesn’t want to eat a big fattening meal

• by sarahanne

This is one of my all-time favorites offered by Weight Watchers Smart Ones. I love shrimp, and I think you have to enjoy shrimp to like this one. It’s basically linguine tossed with small shrimp and a light tomato sauce. I love how tender the pasta is, and I think the marinara tomato sauce adds a really nice touch. I like that it isn’t overpowering, however, letting the pasta and shrimp stand on their own. The

taste is really great, with the mild taste of the pasta and shrimp contrasting nicely with the tomato sauce.

The one thing I have to say is I think this dish needs more shrimp! These meals are on the cheap side, so perhaps that isn’t really possible given that they’re usually sold for less than $3.00 each and shrimp is kind of an expensive ingredient, but I really would appreciate more shrimp here. Another thing that ...

• I have noticed is that sometimes the shrimp doesn’t cook evenly when I heat this up. This means that the majority of the dish is cooked properly, but there might be one piece of shrimp that still has that raw look. It’s really unappetizing to think about, so I always throw the uncooked shrimp away and enjoy the rest of the dinner. I just wish I could guarantee somehow that everything cooked in the same way
        all the time and that the dinner heated more consistently.

One of the best things about this dinner is that it is less than 200 calories. It also only has 2 grams of fat and offers 10 percent of iron and vitamin A, in addition to 6 percent of vitamin C and 8 percent of calcium daily values. So it definitely is healthy and great for anyone who doesn’t want to eat a big fattening meal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011385410231/k2311a0112/1.12.11